uniqs
share rss forum feed

CanadianRip

join:2009-07-15
Oakville, ON
reply to A Lurker

Re: Big loser!

said by A Lurker:

Combines shots with 500 cals a day. If it works it tricks the body into not figuring out it is starving.

If you can maintain 500 cals a day, you will lose the weight whether or not your body realizes its starving.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
said by CanadianRip:

If you can maintain 500 cals a day, you will lose the weight whether or not your body realizes its starving.

Agreed. The problem is if you do it for too long, going back to normal eating is almost certainly going to pack on the weight. I see whoever he paid for the 'treatment' did it in stages (probably meant to lessen that regain). I think it's Dr Bernstein that claims higher, but people have worked it out to ~500 cals (plus paying for vitamin shots).

»www.cbc.ca/marketplace/pre-2007/···dex.html

I don't really want to get back into the entire diet industry, but don't people realise as the industry grows people seem to be gaining weight.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to CanadianRip
said by CanadianRip:

said by A Lurker:

Combines shots with 500 cals a day. If it works it tricks the body into not figuring out it is starving.

Problem is, if you consume only 500 calories a day you'll be hungry and miserable and most likely full of rage. Seems that the hCG takes care of that part.

Still, simply reducing ones calorie intake does the trick...it just takes a little longer.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

CanadianRip

Oakville, ON

1 recommendation

said by J E F F:

Problem is, if you consume only 500 calories a day you'll be hungry and miserable and most likely full of rage. Seems that the hCG takes care of that part.

Still, simply reducing ones calorie intake does the trick...it just takes a little longer.

If I was in that boat, as a male I'd prefer rage and misery over lactating nipples.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
said by CanadianRip:

said by J E F F:

If I was in that boat, as a male I'd prefer rage and misery over lactating nipples.

Or just take 20 months to lose smartly...and keep it off.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

CanadianRip

Oakville, ON
said by J E F F:

Or just take 20 months to lose smartly...and keep it off.

The smart thing to do is not let yourself get obese in the first place. Once you've pushed yourself there long enough, there's plenty of evidence to suggest it will never stay off.

An article about the topic here:

»www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20···1635.htm

I have a big problem with people suggesting diet and exercise for weight loss. If you're older and have been overweight or obese for a long time. You should still exercise and practice a better diet, not to lose weight but rather to increase health.

What's lost in all of this is it is possible to be obese and healthy; we should be focused on health rather then cosmetics.

Jackorama

join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON
The problem with being obese is Doctors are refusing to treat us. I have arthritis and will need surgery in the future (knees replaced, both feet and ankles fused, and hip replacement), this is why I need to lose weight. Anytime, I talk to my doctor about a health problem I am having, he says it will go away when you lose the weight. If not, then he'll look into it.

"The smart thing to do is not let yourself get obese in the first place." In a perfect world, but this is not a perfect world. Do you think I enjoy being over weight? Being in pain all the time? I put work before my health, because I was so afraid of not being able to keep a roof over my head, clothes on my back and food on the table no matter how bad I was treated. Then I had to leave work for the first time (for reasons other than going to a new job) since I was 11 years old, I was depressed. At 11 it was a paper route with babysitting when I was a little older. At 15 it was a part-time job at a small business working 5 days a week after school and Saturdays all day (no Sunday shopping in those days). Worked through high school and College, no student loans for me. In the past I have only been out of work a month or two when between jobs.

But, that is my problem to sort out. My point is depression, being laid up in pain and having health problems; obesity can sneak up on you.

Bariatric surgery is being pushed heavily by the government because it is being sold as a cure for Type 2 Diabetes, but I was always taught that once you have Type 2 Diabetes you will always have it. You can't cure it, you can only control it. That it is a cure is the main point that was being discussed at our info session at the hospital. Bariatric clinics are popping up at hospitals outside of Ottawa and Toronto now. You still have to go to Ottawa or Toronto to get the surgery. I think this is why more doctors are referring their patients to Bariatric clinics.
--
"Whenever they invent something that's moron proof, someone comes by and invents a better moron."

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

"Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do."