SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

2 edits

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

December Bill Channel Changes (Northern Delaware)

Along with the new pricing (which shows $5/mo increases in all bundles, along with a $3/mo increase in Internet packages)- just a few changes coming up in my area:

On Dec 12, 2012, WTVE, Plum TV will be added to Limited Basic channel 278. Be sure to check out this dynamic lifestyle network. Plum TV offers unique content with a focus on home, décor, food, wine, travel and more.

On Jan 8, 2013, the following changes will occur: TCN (The Comcast Network), will move from Limited Basic to Expanded Basic, and will remain on Channel 8. Daystar will move from Expanded Basic to Limited Basic, and will remain on Channel 287. TCN HD will move from Limited Basic to Expanded Basic, and will be repositioned from channel 856 to 846.

The moving of TCN HD makes total sense, and will place it next to CSN HD on 847.

But alas, yet another month with tons of bandwidth open around here, and no new HD channels being announced.

Then I see this thread:
» Bright House HD Channel Anticipation Thread (Q1-2013)

...and wonder how Comcast can allow themselves to fall so far behind in HD channel offerings. With FIOS, it made sense - they ran out of room and can't add anything - but w/ Comcast - it's the complete opposite.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Does that mean performance internet will be more than 50 a month?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Yep - $51.95/mo with TV service - $64.95 solo.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

$5 increase in all bundles. This is going to push alot of people who are on limited incomes to cut cable back or all together.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

Along with the new pricing (which shows $5/mo increases in all bundles, along with a $3/mo increase in Internet packages)- just a few changes coming up in my area:

On Dec 12, 2012, WTVE, Plum TV will be added to Limited Basic channel 278. Be sure to check out this dynamic lifestyle network. Plum TV offers unique content with a focus on home, décor, food, wine, travel and more.

On Jan 8, 2013, the following changes will occur: TCN (The Comcast Network), will move from Limited Basic to Expanded Basic, and will remain on Channel 8. Daystar will move from Expanded Basic to Limited Basic, and will remain on Channel 287. TCN HD will move from Limited Basic to Expanded Basic, and will be repositioned from channel 856 to 846.

The moving of TCN HD makes total sense, and will place it next to CSN HD on 847.

But alas, yet another month with tons of bandwidth open around here, and no new HD channels being announced.

Then I see this thread:
» Bright House HD Channel Anticipation Thread (Q1-2013)

...and wonder how Comcast can allow themselves to fall so far behind in HD channel offerings. With FIOS, it made sense - they ran out of room and can't add anything - but w/ Comcast - it's the complete opposite.

at least Comcast can add more sports HD at least with all the movie channel HD cuts. (lot's of missing sports stuff is part time things any ways)

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

$5 increase in all bundles. This is going to push alot of people who are on limited incomes to cut cable back or all together.

Doubt it. As an installer, I saw more than a few people that should have cut back go without other things, like food, heat, etc. just to keep their TV on.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
Im on a promotion now but when thats off going to have to think real hard on if this shit is really worth 51.95 a month. Seems high for the little i do with it.
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
I don't know what Comcast is thinking with HD. It makes absolutely no sense to me.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

they don't want to pay the cost of going to SDV so they are cutting channels to make room for HSI.

Also they don't want to have many part time HD channels.

Like goal line HD, game 3-9 HD, Team 2-9 HD, big ten alts HD, others

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

we need to get goal line in hd as well as pac12 network in hd. Really every channel could be HD IF they compress the signals since they don't want to do sdv.

beachintech
Premium Member

beachintech

Premium Member

No.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

why no? I'm paying $172 a month why shouldn't I have close to 250 hd channels?

beachintech
Premium Member

beachintech

Premium Member

Because you don't have a grasp on how the whole thing works. Sure, you could have that many HD channels. I would prefer quality HD channels, not sports channels that have programming one month out of the year. SDV is the be all end all, and it's not the reason you don't have more HD programming.

PS: Your bill is lower than mine.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I only have 2 tvs thus 2 boxes but my year is up in february which means my price goes up unless I call.

We have big 10 network and nfl redzone hd. They could put it on the same thing as nfl redzone since redzone is only for sundays.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Plum Also in HD

I didn't even see this until today, but apparently Plum TV was also added in HD, and is on Channel 788.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

what is plum tv?
philaman01
join:2012-12-30
Philadelphia, PA

philaman01 to Joe12345678

to Joe12345678

Re: December Bill Channel Changes (Northern Delaware)

Here in Philadelphia, PA, Comcast added a new channel on 12/12/12 (ch. 278 WTVE - Plum TV) and up until yesterday, there was no video, but audio was heard. Last night (12/29/12) when I flipped to it, there was a message stating 'must have HDTV service in order to view channel'. So they want to charge extra money for a free, over-the-air channel (like WTXF29, PHL17, 6ABC, etc which we are receiving via our digital economy plan)! Also, on 1/8/13, they are moving Comcast SportsNet (ch. 8) from digital economy plan to the next higher plan! This company is outrageous!!
Expand your moderator at work