Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne

1 recommendation

reply to pcdebb

Re: [Tablet] 4.1.x vs 4.2.x what's the difference?

I can tell you that my Galaxy Nexus (GSM, non-Verizon) came with 4.0.x. However, the day I set it up, 4.1 was offered through it. 4.1 seemed snappier than 4.0.x.

I liked 4.1 (the original Jelly Bean), and then about one week ago 4.2 (I guess different flavor beans ) was offered and I updated to that.

The differences do not seem that great between 4.1 and 4.2. Some additional functionality options. I do notice the 'lock' screen to be different for it stays on longer and offers some additional options that I haven't messed with yet. Also, many people (including myself) are complaining that 4.2 broke bluetooth and is missing the month of December, so we are now waiting for 4.2.1 which should fix these issues, which is rumored to come out any day now.

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

1 recommendation

said by lordpuffer:

many people (including myself) are complaining that 4.2 is missing the month of December, so we are now waiting for 4.2.1 which should fix these issues, which is rumored to come out any day now.

I'm not complaining, I'd be happy to skip December.
--
In need of a Vegas vacation.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to lordpuffer

said by lordpuffer:

I can tell you that my Galaxy Nexus (GSM, non-Verizon) came with 4.0.x. However, the day I set it up, 4.1 was offered through it. 4.1 seemed snappier than 4.0.x.

Again that probably largely depends on the device processor. My guess is (and some here have said as much on the high end devices not seeing much difference) probably most significant noticeable on lesser processor/ram devices.

I changed devices and from Tegra2 to (used)Tegra3 and it had already been upgraded to Jellybean, so very hard to say how much is the OS improvement... but overall much snappier and better able to do processor intensive multi task with out temp freezing or crashing, between the two changes.

--