uniqs
itguy05
join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

itguy05 to RazzyW8

to RazzyW8

Re: WIN8 on new laptop=crap

said by RazzyW8 :

There are far too many telling MS that they did a great job on Windows 8.

Like who? Reviews I've read have been mediocre at best. Those that think MS can do no wrong like it. Those that actually want to use a computer see how bad Metro really is and that there are different use cases for different form factors. Heck, smart users shun the Ugly Metro on the phone space, what makes MS think people want that nastiness on their computer?

Usability experts are chiming in about how Win8 and the dual desktop BS is hard to use and not intuitive. (And for the record I find Vista and Win 7 equally poor on the design/usability front.)

You have customers shunning it (as evidenced by poor sales). The Microsoft Windows head (who was responsible for Win 8) left last week.

I'd say that's not people telling MS they did a great job. People seem to be telling MS that they F-ed up big time.

Apple should do another round of "Get a Mac" ads and highlight how hard to use Win 8 is and bring back the old plastic Macbook at a really attractive price.

Ubuntu should be hard selling OEM's to replace Windows or give users the option at boot time.

Point is this is the perfect time for another player to knock MS off the top as people seem to not want Win 8.

RazzyW8
@rr.com

RazzyW8

Anon

said by itguy05:

said by RazzyW8 :

There are far too many telling MS that they did a great job on Windows 8.

Like who? Reviews I've read have been mediocre at best. Those that think MS can do no wrong like it. Those that actually want to use a computer see how bad Metro really is and that there are different use cases for different form factors. Heck, smart users shun the Ugly Metro on the phone space, what makes MS think people want that nastiness on their computer?

Usability experts are chiming in about how Win8 and the dual desktop BS is hard to use and not intuitive. (And for the record I find Vista and Win 7 equally poor on the design/usability front.)

You have customers shunning it (as evidenced by poor sales). The Microsoft Windows head (who was responsible for Win 8) left last week.

I'd say that's not people telling MS they did a great job. People seem to be telling MS that they F-ed up big time.

Apple should do another round of "Get a Mac" ads and highlight how hard to use Win 8 is and bring back the old plastic Macbook at a really attractive price.

Ubuntu should be hard selling OEM's to replace Windows or give users the option at boot time.

Point is this is the perfect time for another player to knock MS off the top as people seem to not want Win 8.

For one of many, Paul Thurrott said he will not go back from Windows 8.

»goo.gl/zLAQL

"Usability Experts"? LOL! Please. This is the same guy who bitched about usability on iPads.

»goo.gl/Wo6ve

Ubuntu????? ARE YOU KIDDING? NO way. I only sell Ubuntu computers to people who requested it. NO way I'm forcing Ubuntu onto typical users - they'll be so lost and scream at me that their favorite software will not work.

It's not even a month. Give it time. People are jumping into conclusion WAY too soon. Windows 8 Pro Atom tablets aren't even out yet.