how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cabarett

join:2007-01-14
Branchdale, PA
reply to drjunky9

Re: [modem/router] DSL is here! I have some questions :)

Thanks for replies!

How do I try that self- install before the ready date? The date the set is Dec-3. Would it work?

Cabarett

Branchdale, PA
I tried the self install and activated it and I have NO internet.

Is this something that I missed?

What could I have done wrong?

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

Congrats on getting DSL after that long of a wait!

What is the modem doing? Is DSL light solid? If so that's the big one we're looking for as it indicates there is at least a DSL signal. If your service ready date is on the 3rd of December you may have to wait a little while longer until you start seeing a signal. Verizon usually has lines ready to go a few days before then, so keep trying it if you have a Flashing DSL light.

Cabarett

Branchdale, PA
The DSL keeps Blinking!!!!

What does that mean??

Cabarett

Branchdale, PA
I forgot to add....

Do I have to download any kind of software to get this wifi/modem up and running?

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
North Tonawanda, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Cabarett
Blinking = no DSL signal at the moment. Like I mentioned, you may need to wait a little while longer to see if it's just a matter of them still being in the process of turning up DSL service.

There is no software to download for setting up the modem, however you will need to run through Verizon's setup wizard once your modem connects for the first time. This does require a small software download and you should be able to remove it when you're all done with it since it is unneeded. Basically, the software is used to create a user account for you on Verizon so that you can use that user account for managing your account, checking e-mail or connect up your modem to the Verizon network. From what I understand the default method of using the "newdsl" profile in the modems doesn't really work anymore but I haven't checked the validity of this yet. This is downloaded from the "Internet" when your modem is online, hence the lack of CD with your ActionTec gateway.

Cabarett

Branchdale, PA
I did do the activation part, I hope I didnt get ahead of myself and get in trouble!

Is that what you mean by "Set-up"? The activation?

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
North Tonawanda, NY
Pretty much. As long as the account is already there and active, once you have a DSL signal setting up the modem is very easy and requires nothing more than your web browser.

Cabarett

Branchdale, PA
Thank you for the replies, I'll keep checking daily for the DSL light.

I had Satellite on and off for 12 years! So DSL is a blessing. If I have anymore questions I'll post.

Thanks again!