spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SpykeYs

join:2009-01-23

Sagecom 2864 - What's my username / password ??

Hey Guys,

Just got FIBE TV / Internet installed yesterday.

When I try to connect to my sagecom router via 192.168.2.1, I need a username password. What is it lol ?

The technician left and never gave it to me. The only thing I have is my wep key.

Also,

My currently setup is the following:

Sagecom modem/router has 4 ports..

Ports 1-3 are used by Bell Fibe TV.
Port 4 is plugged to a switch with 16 gigabit ports

All my PC's, blu-ray, xbox, etc is plugged via cat6 to my switch...

Now my problem is that wireless is not strong enough to reach my second story as my modem/router is in my basement.

As I do not want to add a router... what else can I add to give me wireless upstairs ?

I've read a bit about wireless access point.. Can I plug a wireless access point to my switch ?

From my switch that is located downstairs, I have many CAT6 going up. My goal would be to plug something in my switch that will give me wireless to my laptop.. But like I said, I don't want this to become a router, DHCP router, etc.. I still want my sagecom to handle this.

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks!!

joeybee
Joey
Premium
join:2003-08-12
Hamilton, ON

I believe the username and password are both "admin" not at home at the moment to check though. If not it may be admin for username and blank password.
--
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, Are the ones who do.

SpykeYs

join:2009-01-23

Thanks!!

admin / admin works fine!!

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

psst. the modems actually called a Connection Hub. no one really calls it a Sagecom

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada
kudos:8
reply to SpykeYs

Don't worry...I call it a Sagemcom at times too.

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to Paolo

said by Paolo:

psst. the modems actually called a Connection Hub. no one really calls it a Sagecom

Connetion hub really sound horible to me... like a hub, really?

SLAMtech

join:2009-12-03
kudos:1
reply to SpykeYs

Call it the sager. Pronounced Sage-er.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

canada

yes its admin/admin on the "connectin hub" modem from Bell. enjoy your Connection Hub modem, it sure beats the Cell pipe
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

ruggs

join:2012-03-26
Ontario
reply to Glen1

"sagecom" ftw

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

canada

connecton hub fwt

kocoman

join:2004-06-08
reply to SpykeYs

What about the b1 password? is it automatically provisioned?

ruggs

join:2012-03-26
Ontario

If the internet is working then the b1/pass should be in there

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1
reply to SpykeYs

Do you have an Ethernet line prewired from your 16 port switch to anywhere upstairs?

You can then run an Ethernet connection from where that terminates to a wireless router.