dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to NefCanuck

Re: [Hockey] Official~ NHL thread...........scores and highlites

said by NefCanuck:

I don't begrudge the players for not taking it up the yin yang (again) like they did the last time, but at some point not getting paid anything has to hurt more than getting paid less.

What is that point? Who knows

NefCanuck

i agree...i am more on the players side in this dispute, however, some of the players in the European leagues brought up a good point...the NHL players are locked out as they refuse the accept concessions (pay cuts), yet they sign and play over there for FAR less than what they would be making had they accepted the NHL's offer.

they had a point...the player here, making $4 million/season refuses to agree to play in the NHL for $3 million/season, yet signs on to play in the Swiss league for $250,000?...as well, when they are over there, someone else loses their job because of it.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by dirtyjeffer:

i agree...i am more on the players side in this dispute, however, some of the players in the European leagues brought up a good point...the NHL players are locked out as they refuse the accept concessions (pay cuts), yet they sign and play over there for FAR less than what they would be making had they accepted the NHL's offer.

they had a point...the player here, making $4 million/season refuses to agree to play in the NHL for $3 million/season, yet signs on to play in the Swiss league for $250,000?...as well, when they are over there, someone else loses their job because of it.

They are playing mostly to be in shape in the event the season resumes... And most of that money they earn in europe is for the insurance, except for a few of the high profile players in the KHL...

As for taking other players jobs... yeah, but it isn't that many, and the clubs there benefit because of increased attendance because of the NHL'ers playing there... Win some, lose some.
--