Westville, NJ

1 edit

1 recommendation

dolphins to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game

Re: Convert >scr to avi

Careful!

The screensaver tries to install Babylon toolbar and a few other nasties even if you uncheck them during install.

As for converting scr to avi or to any other video format, no video converter will work since they can't read scr format. There's a lot misinformation on the web claiming they will work.

You need to record it in real time with something like Camstudio which I did here...
~temp-201211···8_41.avi
25593344 bytes

EDIT: The above attachment is not the full screensaver and has no sound.

Camstudio records all screen activity in real time and converts it to video. Camstudio is free> »camstudio.org/

For some reason the audio and video failed to interlace so they were split into 2 separate files? Probably can be fixed in settings?

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Hey Buddie,
long time no chat..thanks..I have also come to the same conclusion that nothing out there that claims they can do scr to avi will really work smoothly for this one..and your way might be the best try at a solution using a real time record.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

dolphins

Premium Member

How have you been, my friend? I don't frequent the security forums like I used to and I don't help out with malware removal forums anymore either. I guess I got tired of repeat offenders?

If you read the supported file formats in each of the video converters mentioned on websites claiming they can convert .scr files you'll see that none of them include .scr format.

You may want to truncate the url so your link is not clickable?

Edit: I see you already did so.