join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

2 edits

2 recommendations

vaxvms to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game

Re: Convert >scr to avi

I was going to make an attempt to make you an avi file but the installation procedure for the screensaver was so nasty (tried to install adware, tried to change my homepage, tried to install a browser toolbar, tried to do other other nasties) I used Revo to uninstall all of it asap (the uninstall procedure opened a browser tab to a website offering to download a beach themed screensaver).

edit: It installed it's toolbar even tho I said no. It also tried to change my default search engine. BEWARE!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

1 recommendation

dolphins

Premium Member

Run SuperAntiSpyware or Malwarebytes to clean up your machine. Then run CCleaner.

Avast stopped the installation of all the crapware and I was able to block it all from phoning home with my firewall.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

1 recommendation

Name Game to vaxvms

Premium Member

to vaxvms
said by vaxvms:

I was going to make an attempt to make you an avi file but the installation procedure for the screensaver was so nasty (tried to install adware, tried to change my homepage, tried to install a browser toolbar, tried to do other other nasties) I used Revo to uninstall all of it asap (the uninstall procedure opened a browser tab to a website offering to download a beach themed screensaver).

edit: It installed it's toolbar even tho I said no. It also tried to change my default search engine. BEWARE!

Thanks vax guy.

Fully aware of all that..it is tricky even thought one takes out the the check marks on the pre-install..there is one last screen that pops up to say it is all finished..but then on that screen you have to again take out two more check marks for the two things you mentioned to make sure that is not installed. When one does that all you do then get is the .scr installed in the Windows folder and nothing else. And of course it is that .scr that I would like to change into an .avi.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

Fully aware of all that..it is tricky even thought one takes out the the check marks on the pre-install..there is one last screen that pops up to say it is all finished..but then on that screen you have to again take out two more check marks for the two things you mentioned to make sure that is not installed. One one does that all you do then get is the .scr installed in the Windows folder and nothing else. And of course it is that .scr that I would like to change into an .avi.

thank's for the heads up in your OP