There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to TBBroadband

Re: [Bus. Ops] Hosting Akamai

I understand that, but I think you are planning too far down the line. Being a former owner of a small WISP, I see where your mind is going but you may not need to be there just yet.
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my former employer.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath

My planning is this way due to launching a large coverage area within a few weeks. With taking on a large cable company that throttles/does UBB I expect a HUGE amount of traffic that will be NF and Hulu. Especially when you have an average cable bill in this area of $90 for 70 channels.- off of their promotions that they refuse to give to current customers.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2

said by TBBroadband:

My planning is this way due to launching a large coverage area within a few weeks. With taking on a large cable company that throttles/does UBB I expect a HUGE amount of traffic that will be NF and Hulu. Especially when you have an average cable bill in this area of $90 for 70 channels.- off of their promotions that they refuse to give to current customers.

If you read my earlier post, huge was on the order of 4000+ concurrent customers for Netflix. That could mean more than 10 or 20 thousand total customers and thats being optimistic. I think you are light years off from even thinking about these sort of cache boxes.

--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca