Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
reply to Weirdal

Re: Xbox cloud saves

said by Weirdal:

Microsoft's data centers are certainly less likely lose your data than your xbox hard drive is. And they're just game saves, not irreplaceable heirlooms.

A more important reason not to use it is if you think you'll ever need your saves when not connected to the internet.

Game saves are a record of things we've done, good times spent with friends and/or family, are reminders of different periods of our lives. While not "heirlooms" they are somewhat irreplaceable. I lost all my saves from the Playstation, Playstation 2, Gamecube and Xbox when my ex and I split because I was stupid and forgot I left them with him. By the time I realized my mistake, he was well out of contact. Yes, I *could* replay those games, but it's just not the same - and a bit overwhelming, as my Final Fantasy VII save, for instance, had over 80 hours in it. It bothers me just as much as if I'd lost a treasured photo album because those game saves go back well before I met him.

I'm sure the same scenario wouldn't bother a lot of people, but everyone has different levels of emotional attachment to things.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

Weirdal
Premium
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE
kudos:21
Yeah it sucks to lose game saves, not not so much that you shouldn't trust the cloud saves.
--
»[Info] The DSLR Orangeface extension 2.0!