spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

eliahoo

@direcway.com

[HN9000] Failure to connect to webserver error.

This is quite curious.
I host some websites on a virtual dedicated server. the server lives in Florida.
From time to time, I am unable to access the sites with my hn9000 satellite and get a failure to connect to webserver error. the site is available from the server and from other locations (i have checked this with clients and associates in other states etc. i cannot find any other sites I cannot reach. the sites use various technologies, some asp.net, some php etc. I can ping the site, I just cannot bring it up in the browser.
It turns out, if i do a hard reboot of the modem, the sites come up just fine......
what is going on, this is happening several times a week. Is there a configuration error on my server side?
or what????

any thoughts are appreciated.

thanks.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

HTTP 40x and 50x errors are a longstanding Hughes problem. No one seems to have a clue why they're not fixing it.

//greg//

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

1 edit

said by grohgreg:

HTTP 40x and 50x errors are a longstanding Hughes problem. No one seems to have a clue why they're not fixing it.

//greg//

Well my allowance is done with resetting every few hours, so im guessing that only lasted about 13 days or less maybe.. I have no true answer on what the customers will do but i do have an idea of what they will do in about a week or two. They better get this problem fixed, Everyday when my brother comes home off work he keeps asking if i done anything with it and i reply with the same answer no, and no one else is either. I can for sure notice loading times have gone up since day 1 of our gen4 so this a pitty for most of us and will be even more for hughes themselves perhaps.

But have to see what happens, only time can tell(:

EDIT: just saw that this thread has nothing to do with gen4, so if you dont have it please skip my post
--
HT1000/ 1 watt/ Power Max plan/ 4 pc's on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.