All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Miss Match
join:2011-02-24

Miss Match

[HN9000] Connection constantly dropping, horrible speeds

So, I'm going to cave and call Hughesnet's completely useless tech support later today and if there's nothing to work out (I suspect they're just badly oversold) I'm going to cancel and get dial up. Hughesnet has always been frustrating, but there have always been periods of broadbandishness, during which the connection is relatively stable and speeds are livable.

That's over. For the past three months or so, my connection's been in the toilet--constant time outs, constant drops, speeds are just terrible. It's like having a dial up connection that constantly fails. During peak hours in the evening, it's gone. My connection just drops completely. I've had eight or nine "Connection resets" just posting this, at a time when my connection has always been good in the past.

I don't have a question and this thread is just kind of venting, but I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this. Maybe something really is wrong with my connection. We live in hope...
Wyngs
join:2010-02-20
Coos Bay, OR

Wyngs

Same story here. And yes, I'm seriously thinking about returning to dial up also. It was, at least, very reliable.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by Wyngs:

Same story here. And yes, I'm seriously thinking about returning to dial up also. It was, at least, very reliable.

If we here would still have dial up in the area and have better speed as atleast 24kb/s download, i'm sure we would'v went back esspecialy at a time like this, the allowance on Gen4 can still be frustrating even though its way bigger than our last allowance with the 7000

Also, gaming on multiplayer mode would go much smoother and faster as much as 3 times better than with hughes even if its small data amounts being sent back and forth.

CALS
@direcway.com

CALS to Miss Match

Anon

to Miss Match
Same here

I suspect they are purposely CHOKING HN9000 users to get them to upgrade to there newer even Crapper Service Plans!

It's way passed time to form another Class Action Law Suit against these Scum Bags!

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by CALS :

Same here

I suspect they are purposely CHOKING HN9000 users to get them to upgrade to there newer even Crapper Service Plans!

It's way passed time to form another Class Action Law Suit against these Scum Bags!

and now you wonder why they always have a lawsuit nearly every year or so and alot of complaints scattered all over the world wide web.
A Tech
join:2008-11-10

A Tech to Miss Match

to Miss Match
Hook the modem directly to the PC and watch the LAN connection. It will connect then disconnect over and over. I have seen it many times. Do yourself a favor and take the plunge for a Gen 4 upgrade.

bcornel
@direcway.com

bcornel to Miss Match

Anon

to Miss Match
keep an eye on the top light on your 9000, the one that says "lan." does it flicker off and on while you're using the computer? going off and then back on during reboots of the computer seem to be normal. but losing the light during normal use isn't. if so, your 9000 is ready to be replaced. call or email hughes and they'll check the modem diagnostics for you. fixed my problem a month ago.

MR ANGRY
@direcway.com

MR ANGRY to Miss Match

Anon

to Miss Match
I agree acros the board with what you say! My connection has been off and on for the last 2 weeks. They say its an alignment problem.
Great, send someone out!
Oh, it'll cost you the labor, which is $125.
What if its your equipment?
Oh, it'll cost you the labor, which is $125.
So, what they're saying is, they're a bait and switch company where they sell you a nice speedy connection at first, then degrad it just in time to push gen4.
DON'T USE HUGHESNET!!
MichaelTX
join:2013-01-06
Schulenburg, TX

MichaelTX to Miss Match

to Miss Match
Just this month I am having my HughesNet HN9000 account closed after do their crappy 2 year agreement. Just to get to Account Management I spent 4 hours on the phone trying to get to Account Management. 3 out of my 4 calls were dropped when they said "they were going to transfer me". NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO business with them again!