uniqs

Scatcatpdx
Fur It Up
join:2007-06-22
Portland, OR

1 edit

Scatcatpdx

Take that Go Daddy

I got a thanksgiving present from Pay Pal: my request and dispute with Go Daddy was approve and my money was refunded to my pay pal account.

My Go Daddy miss adventure started in November when I got an automatic renewal noticed for three years. I recall turning off Automatic for my personal domain the last time I renewed. To add injury to injury, Go Daddy went back to and used a three year purchase in 2005 for the justification to charge me for a three year renewal; The original purchase was for a now defunct business web page and not my personal domain.. I always paid by the year for my personal domain.

I called support and demand the resending of the charge and allow me just a one year renewal, the Go Daddy representative told me he cannot rescind the renewal and authorize a refund of the charge. The rep told me I had to cancel the domain account first. Well being the hardcore capitalist, I took my business elsewhere and transferred my domain to namescheap.com. Once the transfer was complete I called up Paypal to cancel my account and request a refund my payment, now the rep say they cannot find the transaction so they cannot refund my payment. Well I can play hard ball too, so I issue a dispute for unauthorized charge against Go Daddy in Paypal. I won.

The other lesson is if you all use Paypal for automatic payment do go in to the My money link on Paypal from time to time and cancel payment agreement if no longer need. If I did this before, it would had block automatic payment by Go Daddy. Over all Go Daddy is very bad company. I cannot in good faith recommend anybody to do business with them. Go Daddy cannot be trusted with any automatic payments May Go Daddy days be short and let another buy them out.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

Dustyn

Premium Member

I think dslreports.com uses GoDaddy.com Certs when logging in securely.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Dustyn:

I think dslreports.com uses GoDaddy.com Certs when logging in securely.

Yes.