share rss forum feed

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18

1 edit
reply to pflog

Re: [NCAA-F] Notre Dame playing USC for a bid to BCS title game

Overrated? No. They were undefeated and beat some good teams. Who else can make that claim. No one.

Least athletically talented "#1 team in history?" I would agree with that.

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
I think Notre Dame over achieved all year. That is a sign of good coaching.

bruin23
Premium
join:2004-06-17
San Francisco, CA
reply to FFH5
It should've been Oregon vs. Alabama for the title. In the past 8 BCS title games, only Oregon's put up some kind of challenge against the respective SEC team.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to pflog
said by pflog:

This is a joke. ND is one of the most overrated #1 team in history.

Won't be #1 very long.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

BigReds42
Premium
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH
kudos:1
reply to Blogger
said by Blogger:

Overrated? No. They were undefeated and beat some good teams. Who else can make that claim. No one.

They were overrated.

I don't care what the stats say... who did they really beat that was ANY good?

They would have been 5-7 in the SEC.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to FFH5
Well that was a pubstmp.

Can we schedule the Alabama v Jacksonville Jags game now?

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
PROS > College any day sir.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
I'd still like to see someone pubstomp Alabama so they remember how it feels.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
said by f0rtys3ven:

Watch the 2009 Sugar Bowl when highly favored Alabama the then number 4 team in the nation with a 12-1 record played Utah. Holy molly what a thrashing.

Alabama looked like an old lady with a broom chasing and trying to swat a couple of very fast mice while holding of an attack of bats. The score was only respectful because Utah took their foot off the pedal. Just pull up the stats and look at the time it took for Utah to score on their first four or five drives. Man they just went down the field an average of like 10 yards a clip. Alabama was defenseless against Utah's speed and execution multi-play offense.

Enjoy the video HQ highlights and through ass kicking.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc0Ld_Nr_H8

Here is a narrative and stats.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Sugar_Bowl

e_dub
franknbeans
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-12
kickin ass
kudos:2
said by Blogger:

said by f0rtys3ven:

Watch the 2009 Sugar Bowl when highly favored Alabama the then number 4 team in the nation with a 12-1 record played Utah. Holy molly what a thrashing.

Alabama looked like an old lady with a broom chasing and trying to swat a couple of very fast mice while holding of an attack of bats. The score was only respectful because Utah took their foot off the pedal. Just pull up the stats and look at the time it took for Utah to score on their first four or five drives. Man they just went down the field an average of like 10 yards a clip. Alabama was defenseless against Utah's speed and execution multi-play offense.

(youtube clip)
is a narrative and stats.

There are numerous reports stating Bama players really didn't care about playing in that game.
Starting OL Andre Smith signed with an agent after it was announced that they would play Utah. He was suspended and did not play in the game.
Yes Bama took a beating but realistically Utah beat a team who didn't want to be there. Bama was still down from the lost to Tebow and Florida in the SEC title game.
But if you need to see a game where Bama was dominated from the start of the clock to the final seconds of the game. The above video is a great example.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
reply to BigReds42
said by BigReds42:

said by Blogger:

They were overrated.

I don't care what the stats say... who did they really beat that was ANY good?

They would have been 5-7 in the SEC.

LOL. I'm sure you also would have said the same thing about Texas A&M with their current record if they had still had been in the Big 12 instead of switching to the SEC this year.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
reply to e_dub
said by e_dub:

said by Blogger:

said by f0rtys3ven:

(youtube clip)
is a narrative and stats.

There are numerous reports stating Bama players really didn't care about playing in that game.

Starting OL Andre Smith signed with an agent after it was announced that they would play Utah. He was suspended and did not play in the game.

Yes Bama took a beating but realistically Utah beat a team who didn't want to be there. Bama was still down from the lost to Tebow and Florida in the SEC title game.

Oh come on, what a classic example of sour grapes.

Alabama had one loss and was ranked number four. The three teams ranked above them also had one loss. If they won the Sugar Bowl they had a shot at the AP poll national championship depending on the outcome of the games involving the three teams ranked above them.

Also it was the Sugar Bowl they were playing in not the Idaho Potato Bowl or the Acme Bowl. The Sugar Bowl one of the four biggest bowl games in the deep south--all most a home game for Alabama. Finally even the thought of a Nick Saban 12-1 team not really wanting to be in a bowl game let alone one of the magnitude and potential award of the 2009 Sugar Bowl---come on!

Alabama just got stomped by a better team. They were over matched against Utah, and they got beaten by a better team.