spc
Search similar:

uniqs
91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned)

need info on xbox 360

does any one here know if Microsoft will release a white xbox slim for xmas at 199 or lower price ?

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

Um, some places did have a limited release of a white xbox slim. But it was usually a 4GB only, or 4GB + Kinect bundle.

That said, the white ones were a limited pressing to begin with, so it'll be highly unlikely to find a store that still has one.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven to 91862239

to 91862239
Wally world had 4gb white ones at 150 with a skylanders game for black Friday. I got one!

I didn't relies they were a limited edition.

COOL!

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

I would recommend picking up a new hard drive for it if you plan on using it fairly often.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I'll be picking up a large flash drive at some point when the 4gb is gone.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by f0rtys3ven:

The 4GB goes quick once you start installing games, which I would recommend, as it speeds up load times quite a bit.

C0deZer0
Premium Member
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0 to f0rtys3ven

Premium Member

to f0rtys3ven
said by f0rtys3ven:

Sadly, the 360 can only use a maximum of 16GB per flash drive.

If you need a lot of storage, you'll be well served picking up a hard drive for the console. Not only would you be able to get significantly more storage, but it'll also afford you the ability to play any of the compatible Xbox 1 games out there if you were in the mood for it.
91862239 (banned)
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned)

I heard the maximum was upped to 32gb flash drives in the latest update some one try putting in 2 32gb flash drives an let me know what happends be4 I spend the money

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to 91862239

Premium Member

to 91862239
Where is 88615298 See Profile when you need him to come in and say how fail Xbox 360 is to release a console with only a 4GB HD?

C0deZer0
Premium Member
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

It's not even a hard drive; it's flash memory.

You'd still need to have a hard drive installed in the system in order to do the Xbox 1 games, since the necessary files needed for Xbox 1 emulation to work on a 360 are not created on anything but a hard disk.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I can attest to all of this.

Me and the wife have been playing Skylanders (it came free) and that save along with my XBL profile has about filled up my space. I did a once over of the box and didn't really see a place for a traditional harddrive. I have GTA: San Andreas for Xbox and that fails as was stated.

How to xbox harddrives work with the newer wireless models? What are the prices looking like for these? Last time I looked it was right around $100.

The 4gbs is not 4gbs of user space. Its closer to 2.

C0deZer0
Premium Member
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

Microsoft made a different style for the hard drive on a slim 360.

With the standard ones, it was more of the hard drive was inside a proprietary-style shell. The slim has it in a more compact shell, and - surprise - its sata connectors visible.

I think the MSRP is $130 for the 320GB meant for slims. The largest officially available for the standard 360 was 250GB. But obviously, there are deals out there if you know when and where to look. On a side note, I was just stunned that this one time I walked with a friend to a Sears that had some stuff on clearance and had a 250GB hard drive for my older-model 360 And at least with the current dashboard, the migration of data from one to the other (and later to the flash drives I now have on it) have been pretty painless.

So currently my Elite 360 now has a 250GB hard drive and two 16GB flash drives - I've kept my saves and miscellaney stuff on the flash drives, leaving the hard drive for installed games. Pretty handy!

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Thanks alot!

C0deZer0
Premium Member
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

I mean, if anything I'm just sad that Microsoft didn't do like Sony did and allow off-the-shelf SATA hard drives on their console.

But even so, I can say that while the limit of 250/320GB on the 360 seems small compared to how it's easily possible to have at least 1TB internally (and more on external) with the PlayStation, there just doesn't seem to be as much of a need to have that much storage on its hard drive.

Probably has a little to do with the fact that there aren't really many games on the xbox that require installation to operate.

f0rtys3ven
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

I know a few people that are using their PS3s as the end all be all of their entertainment. Slap a tb next to it and it can handle all your music movies tv and games.

I don't know too many people going that robust with 360s but I'd bet no blu ray is a bigger turn off than HD space for those media hungry folks.
91862239 (banned)
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned)

i found the answer on the xbox forum you can use 2 32 GB flash drives for a total of 64GB of storage if you look at the date that the info was posted this could be done since 2011 or maybe the info was updated

6 Dec 2011 10:57 AM

Welcome to the exciting world of USB storage on the Xbox 360 console! Woo! So let’s make sure that you have everything in order first. If you are confident that your USB device has been formatted and configured properly, you can skip ahead to some more troubleshooting.

Why should I use USB storage?
If you don’t want to invest in a larger hard drive (HDDs), need a little extra space, don’t want to take advantage of Cloud Storage or don’t have a LIVE Gold account, or if you simply want to carry your profile and gamesaves around with you, then USB storage is for you! You can use a USB device to store all sorts of files including gamesaves, profiles, arcade games, game add-ons, and Zune movies.

Most USB thumb drives and external HDDs will work with the Xbox 360 console, but to make things simpler we do offer a Microsoft brand USB thumb drive in both 8GB and 16GB sizes. If you want to use your own USB device, please note that you can use up to two devices at one time and up to 32gb per device.

C0deZer0
Premium Member
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

Strange... I distinctly remember it used to be capped at 16gigs for flash drive storage.