uniqs

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast to danry25

Premium Member

to danry25

Re: OVH pricing at Montreal datacenter is... insane?

said by danry25:

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to find out who all are you colocating with & how many rack units and amps your using. Usually when I price out colocation it comes out to be much more expensive than just leasing a server.

I use a data center in Oak Tower. There are several data centers in the tower. The one I use is Joe's Data Center (Creative Name Eh?) I'm only renting a 4U slot (My server is a 1U) and is $49 a month for 1.5 TB Bandwidth on a Gigabit port.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by MineCoast:

said by danry25:

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to find out who all are you colocating with & how many rack units and amps your using. Usually when I price out colocation it comes out to be much more expensive than just leasing a server.

I use a data center in Oak Tower. There are several data centers in the tower. The one I use is Joe's Data Center (Creative Name Eh?) I'm only renting a 4U slot (My server is a 1U) and is $49 a month for 1.5 TB Bandwidth on a Gigabit port.

I assume you mean 1 Gigabit/Second of Bandwidth and 1.5TB of transfer usage.

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

said by HeadSpinning:

said by MineCoast:

said by danry25:

I assume you mean 1 Gigabit/Second of Bandwidth and 1.5TB of transfer usage.

Isn't that what I said?
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by MineCoast:

Isn't that what I said?

Nope. Bandwidth and transfer usage are not the same thing.

You said 1.5TB of Bandwidth. You have 1.5TB of transfer usage.