Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to pcdebb

Premium Member

to pcdebb

Re: [Tablet] 4.1.x vs 4.2.x what's the difference?

said by pcdebb:

arent both of these considered Jelly bean or am I reading it wrong?

Yeah not sure why they went to 4.2 vs 4.1x... yes both are considered Jellybean.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

said by Hayward0:

said by pcdebb:

Yeah not sure why they went to 4.2 vs 4.1x... yes both are considered Jellybean.

Not sure, that is rather odd.

Also as a side note, there is significant difference between ICS (4.0) and Jelly Bean (4.1). The entire OS gained a very large boost in terms of smoothness and speed. The difference between Jelly Bean 4.1 and 4.2 however, isn't significantly large. It's mostly tweaks with a few added features.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by nekkidtruth:

said by Hayward0:

said by pcdebb:

Not sure, that is rather odd.

Also as a side note, there is significant difference between ICS (4.0) and Jelly Bean (4.1). The entire OS gained a very large boost in terms of smoothness and speed.

Well again that has been largely open to debate here... those with high end devices seem to have seen very little difference... but those with lower grade processors/ram probably (particularly low end phones vs high end ) have seen much more improvement from the supposed efficiency improvements.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

said by Hayward0:

Well again that has been largely open to debate here... those with high end devices seem to have seen very little difference... but those with lower grade processors/ram probably (particularly low end phones vs high end ) have seen much more improvement from the supposed efficiency improvements.

I own an S3, and there was significant difference between 4.0 and 4.1. Yes my S3 was very quick before moving to 4.1, but the jump after going to 4.1 was very noticeable. Same across multiple high end devices I have access to. Not sure what to tell you.

Would you mind pointing me to some discussions or debates going on about not seeing a significant difference? I'm interested to see what's being said.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

4 edits

Hayward0

Premium Member

said by nekkidtruth:

said by Hayward0:

I own an S3, and there was significant difference between 4.0 and 4.1. Yes my S3 was very quick before moving to 4.1, but the jump after going to 4.1 was very noticeable. Same across multiple high end devices I have access to. Not sure what to tell you.

Would you mind pointing me to some discussions or debates going on about not seeing a significant difference? I'm interested to see what's being said.

Welll look up in this thread a S3 person saying they saw no real difference. Maybe yours lower or theirs OS ram difference not real sure on their specs.

And again me changing gen Tegra processor 2-3 already updated to JB at the same time can't really speak to that factor.

Was it ith processor or OS??? but seems significant of lower processors and ram JB did make a difference as they claimed....high end devices not so much.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

said by Hayward0:

Welll look up in this thread a S3 person saying they saw no real difference. Maybe yours lower or theirs OS ram difference not real sure on their specs.

And again me changing gen Tegra processor 2-3 already updated to JB at the same time can't really speak to that factor.

Was it ith processor or OS??? but seems significant of lower processors and ram JB did make a difference as they claimed....high end devices not so much.

Ok so one person?

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero to nekkidtruth

Premium Member

to nekkidtruth
own a s3, huge difference between 4.0 ics touchwiz and AOKP JB and CyanogenMod JB.