spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Chorc

@primus.ca

[INTERNET] 12 hours now with slow internet?

Hey,

Normally, I can watch livestreams from various games.

When I got home yesterday (about 2pm EST), I couldn't watch any livestreams at all. It would freeze every 2-3 seconds.

I also play Star Wars The Old Republic and World of Warcraft. Both games are unplayable since 2pm EST yesterday. I get high latency in both, causing me to get disconnected 2 minutes into playing.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

waynecbaker

join:2002-08-01
Hamilton, ON
Yes, I am experiencing slow download speeds. On my internet connection from Cogeco Cable with a 14 megabits per second (Mbps) download speed, various internet connection speed test websites I used to test my connection gave me measurements of only 0.8 to 10 Mbps. The website www.speedtest.net gave me the 0.8 Mbps download speed measurement.

This weekend, I have been finding that some websites I tried to visit would have their webpages take a very long time to be downloaded and displayed fully on my computer monitor. In fact, some attempts to go to a website simply timed out on me.

Regards,
Wayne Baker

daredevil

join:2012-01-15
Burlington, ON
reply to Chorc
I also have a 10mbps connect with cogeco and at least once a day my internet connection becomes really slow (i.e.: less than 2 mbps). I have to always unplug my cable modem and plug it back it. It is so annoying.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6
reply to Chorc
Can anyone confirm if this is ongoing. If so, it's probably best to call in so we can track this.

map_member

join:2012-11-27
reply to Chorc
here in Welland, I've had intermittent down times last night and today..they only lasted a few minutes though and a reset modem brought all lights on the one time I did it.

I'll definitely be calling in if it continues.