uniqs
share rss forum feed

nekkidtruth
You fail at life.
Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
kudos:1

The only brick is the one users should be smacked with!

Plugged my Wii U in, it explained it needed to update and I said "Go for it!" Waited the 45 minutes or so that it took, let it do it's thing and surprise! No issues. People need to learn to be patient and stop playing with shit they don't understand
--
Weeeeeee

PsychoSy

join:2001-01-15
Monroe, MI
Reviews:
·Charter

Serious Question

Why in the world would people plunk down that kind of money -- state of the economy be damned -- for consoles and handhelds that absolutely MUST phone home to the mothership, MUST ask permission if its okay for for the welfare kid to come over and play, MUST stand in the doorway when your food-stamp chuffin' narrow ass arrives where she grumbles "Papers, bitte" in her native dialect, and then suddenly pops open her blouse and says, "You vill suckle 1GB auf virmware NOW, und maybe I vill make you borscht pizza rolls - iv I veel like eet, javoord"?!?!

No wonder people still clutch their Ataris, their NES and SNESes, Genesises and Dreamcasts, PS1 and PSTwos -- they were as true as "Plug N Play" and you could possibly get. And in case the dimbulb BIOS/Firmware engineers made a very big oops turning the consoles into hotbeds for "unauthorized" homebrew and piracy, their only recourse was to suck it up, and try to out think the hacktivists the next time around.

The scary thing about all of this is that for the better part of the last 10 years, PC gamers would stand there like Toe Jam and & Earl pointing their fingers, flashing gang signs, and laughing at all the RRODs and other hoops console gamers had to go through all the while rapping about they could update their BIOS without issue, cheat whenever they wanted to (where's Codebreaker for the X360?!?) and thinking they were all gangsta when their hip-hopping PCs would run just about anything they could throw at 'em. Suddenly, the SecureBoot jack-in-the-box snuck up behind them and bellowed "BOOGIE! BOOGIE! BOOGIE! BOOGIE!" It's sad to see the control freakery of consoles bleeding over into PCs, but it's not like we weren't warned. The infamous "Halloween Memos" showed exactly what Microsoft always intended for PCs (i.e. total control; no linux), and the Xbox was their Secure-Boot Skinner box all along.

nekkidtruth
You fail at life.
Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
kudos:1

Not much else to say as that was one retarded mess of a random rant.
--
Weeeeeee