TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc to graniterock

Premium Member

to graniterock

Re: Teksavvy - What the hell has happened to you guys?

So, I looked into it all. I listened to 3 or 4 calls.

I listened to the one where the call dropped. It dropped mid sentence.. it doesn't seem intentional but we'll follow up to see exactly how that happened. Our agent was not impolite or rude in any way on the call (or any of the calls).

Overall I think this is a simple case that the tech didn't show (we'll follow up to try to see why that is). And rescheduling wasn't an option because the OP had to leave town.

We cancelled it at his request..

We may well be on the hook for costs as a result. I'm trying
to figure that out still.

We did give the OP a full refund but the info provided on the phone at the time was that he would only get a partial refund.

I think this is an area where we need to look into more closely to understand what happens in those cases. Bell clearly missed the appointment. Should we be allowed to cancel it with no costs to us in those instances? what exactly happens? I need to dig into this further.

It does seem to me that anytime everybody commits to an appointment, everybody needs to show up.. if they dont it really buggers things up on every front.

There are other instances where the techs dont need access to the site and can still get it running. What are those instances? Why couldn't we just tell bell to hook the service and if there was inside wiring issues that the OP would take care of it some other way?

In the end, when listening to the calls, our staff did what they could.. there's not much in the way of troubleshooting that can be done. So this is really a case of bad timing. The OP needed to book it back out of town and the tech didn't show.

Wait times for tech support may also have contributed to frustration, not sure but that one we know about and we're in the process of hiring/training. Twenty staff start their month long training tomorrow and we're interviewing in Gatineau for another twenty bodies.

For our relationship with Bell. I would say its improving. We do have their ear and they are committing to work with us. We have already seen results and Pierre and I have been meeting regularly with them. We have direct people we can contact to look into situations if we need. This may not mean that we have the ability to have somebody go back out the same day if something is messed up but it does mean that the root causes of why things are going on are being looked into when we raise the issues up to them.

For the OP, I'm sorry it wasn't setup on time. I know how frustrating that can be especially when you're on a tight schedule. I PM'd you a suggestion about setting up a temp TekTalk service that you could essentially take with you wherever you go as a possible compromise until you're there full time. Either way, we're prepared to work with you to help however we can.
Bhruic
join:2002-11-27
Toronto, ON

Bhruic

said by TSI Marc:

I think this is an area where we need to look into more closely to understand what happens in those cases. Bell clearly missed the appointment. Should we be allowed to cancel it with no costs to us in those instances? what exactly happens? I need to dig into this further.

You absolutely should be allowed to. It's a situation with dual agreements - one between you and the customer, and one between you and Bell. Your ability to deliever on your agreement with the customer is predicated on Bell's ability to deliver on theirs. If they don't do what they've agreed to do, why should you be required to pay them anything?

As long as they can continue to act in this way and still get paid despite not doing their jobs, there's no incentive for them to improve.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Agreed.