uniqs
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory to CXM_Splicer

to CXM_Splicer

Re: Made In China

I agree with many of your points, but Wikipedia is not an authoritative source of information. It is good for a quick glance though... Actually, I think our effective corporate tax rates are some of the lowest in the world, but on the other side of the coin, the government shouldn't be trying to be all things to all people and taxing as much as it does. Yes there is a need for some but not all collection.

...and you've fallen for the temp tax cuts spin argument. I'm amazed at how well the media has conditioned us to think about certain ideas and ignore other ideas.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer

Premium Member

I would agree that Wikipedia is not sufficient for court cases or a doctorate thesis but for an Internet forum there is really no problem using it as a source. Most of the authors will cite the sources of their information and these can be verified if someone doubts the validity of the article.

Another way to think of it: if an argument is completely rebutted by a couple of amateurish Wikipedia articles, how valid could that argument be?

And to clarify, are you saying the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 was not suppose to expire in 2008?