Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FoMoCo
466 C.I.D.

join:2001-01-10
Grand Rapids, MI

Channel changing delay

Recently switched from uverse back to xfinity starter digital. When I change channels there's a 3 or so second delay as well as it flickers a couple times between each channel. I know others around here with the same issue and uverse does not do this. Ay ideas?

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
What kind of box and signals will do that.

psuPete

join:2010-08-09
Lemont, PA
reply to FoMoCo
My HD-TV is 720p. I have set up the Comcast STB to down convert 1080i to 720p. This reduces the number of times that your type of event occurs. I also will get messages when I switch channels between an HD and SD channel (I have a Sony Bravia).

Sometimes these banners and flickers occur multiple times does one channel change.

Pete

FoMoCo
466 C.I.D.

Grand Rapids, MI
reply to rody_44
I have the non HD Motorola box. I oticed my dad's tv does the samething. Not sure what box he has but it is a small one. Is there a setting to change that may help?

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
You may have one of the ancient DCT-22xx series. Look for the model number on the bottom. These also have a tiny amount of memory (32M) that is used up by so much code that they only hold about 6-8 hours of Guide data. My parents have one of these, and they are slow to change.

The small box may be either a DTA (has no guide), or maybe the DCT-700, which is nearly as small but is a full cable box with guide and everything.

timtom

join:2012-11-15
said by andyross:

You may have one of the ancient DCT-22xx series. Look for the model number on the bottom. These also have a tiny amount of memory (32M) that is used up by so much code that they only hold about 6-8 hours of Guide data. My parents have one of these, and they are slow to change.

The small box may be either a DTA (has no guide), or maybe the DCT-700, which is nearly as small but is a full cable box with guide and everything.

You have no idea what you talking about. He has HD box not SD box.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

1 recommendation

he said he has the NON HD box.
--
I'm better than you!

FoMoCo
466 C.I.D.

Grand Rapids, MI
Non HD service with what looks like the same type of box I had years ago when I was with. I will check that model number.

rendrenner

join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI

1 recommendation

reply to timtom
said by FoMoCo:

I have the non HD Motorola box. I oticed my dad's tv does the samething. Not sure what box he has but it is a small one. Is there a setting to change that may help?

said by timtom:

You have no idea what you talking about. He has HD box not SD box.

You obviously have no idea what you're reading. The OP clearly stated he has a non HD box

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
that box doesnt support unicast, you need unicast to do instant channel changes, usually companies like u-verse, fibe tv, and telus support this, cable cos typically do not, cus if u watch a show thats on demand, its sent to your neighborus boxes too, just u dont know this
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!