Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008

Re: So I went into a store...

It's isn't a matter of picking it up and putting it back down. Try holding 5LBS out away from you and see how long you last. Any amount of unsupported weight causes fatigue.

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

Since you aren't holding the ipad out away from you for long periods of time, that's irrelevant...

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan
I can easily hold 5 lbs for hours away from me. I know 70 year old people who can do that with iPad 1s, the heaviest of the bunch.

Tell me skeechan, what can you hold for hours with no issues?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

1 edit

2 recommendations

skeechan

Premium Member

Really? Try it and you will see how wrong you are. It is obvious that you have never actually held anything out unsupported for any period of time. Just because you can hold something for a minute or two doesn't mean you can do it for 5, 10, 30 minutes or more as you would when reading a book.

Try it, just hold your arms out and see how long you last. You think you could go "hours" like that? No f-ing way Jose. You would be surprised how time slows when you have to hold something, especially something 'slippery' like a tablet.

What can I hold away for me unsupported for hours? Not a damn thing and the heavier it is the shorter I'd last and anyone who claims they can is full of shit.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
Wrong. The iPad 2 is awkward and heavy to hold (for example, when reading an ebook) for any length of time without something for support, and even then, is tiresome on the wrist (say, if you're on the couch and the iPad is on the arm/end).

My mother's Kindle Fire on the other hand? Very nice weight-wise...

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008 to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan
Laying on my bed with the device in the air for hours at a time? Holding it as a book for hours? Yes I have tried both Sally.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

LOL sure sport.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_

Premium Member

Even The Simpsons agrees with my opinion.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

Wrong. The iPad 2 is awkward and heavy to hold (for example, when reading an ebook) for any length of time without something for support, and even then, is tiresome on the wrist (say, if you're on the couch and the iPad is on the arm/end).

My mother's Kindle Fire on the other hand? Very nice weight-wise...

I played and beat nova 2 on the couch using the aiming method where you move the ipad around.

I played for over 2 hours (At once, it was easily my favorite game on the ipad at that time, I fell in love with it).

You are just girly men.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
...that shows should stay on the air 15 years after they stopped being funny? Not quite seeing the relevance but okay. I'm guessing the thread hit the front page. IQ's drop from here.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
said by Metatron2008:

You are just girly men.

Wrong again. I'm a girly girl and proud of it

BTW moving around the iPad is not the same as sitting up, holding it in front of you to read a book. Especially when it comes to turning pages.

Come back and tell us how that goes (assuming you can sit up and read at the same time).

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

I've read books for hours too. I once read the entirety of ayn rand's The Anthem while running on a treadmill for one hour (I believe I finished the book in 45 minutes?)

It was an excellent book.