spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Elkhorn
join:2009-12-31
Lyons, OR

Elkhorn

Gen4 and phpMyAdmin

Had an interesting issue after upgrading to Gen4. I maintain an SQL based online calendar for my running club, and after the upgrade I was unable to log in to make changes using phpMyAdmin.

The page would just hang after entering my login info (in both Chrome and Explorer). I ended up turning off web acceleration temporarily, and can now log in every time.

I'm quite happy with my Gen4 upgrade, ordered it on a Thursday, was installed 2 days later on Saturday. The new dish just slid right onto my existing HN7000S pole. The new satellite is about 10 deg further west than my old one.

I realize that in theory I won't be able to download as much as my old Professional Pro account, but I rarely used the FAP free zone, and the new monthly Gen4 allowances actually fit me better (I'm usually online by 6am, so I have 2 hours to hammer away on the bonus bytes).

I realize general speeds will come down as more users are added, but even if I get only 25% of advertised speeds it will be a huge improvement over my old HN700S Professional Pro account