spc
uniqs
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000 to Cartel

to Cartel

Re: [BC] Shaw is a rip-off

It's the same with Shaw (and Telus). The only way to get discounts is to bundle services. When you look at internet by itself it's pretty expensive.

To be fair they are both a rip-off I've considered switching back to Telus. The problem is if you look beyond the 6 month intro deal, they end up being more expensive for me than my old shaw bundle (probably on par with the newer shaw bundle rates)
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

said by zod5000:

It's the same with Shaw (and Telus). The only way to get discounts is to bundle services.

Can you receive a discount for bundling internet and phone with Shaw? According to their site it looks like $50+$35 for the most basic internet and phone. I looked at the bundles but they seem to all include TV.

Telus is $30-$5+$52-$5, and their internet is up to 15Mbit down and 1Mbit up, compared to Shaw's 10Mbit/0.5Mbit.

martinsnort
@shawcable.net

martinsnort

Anon

said by Mango:

said by zod5000:

It's the same with Shaw (and Telus). The only way to get discounts is to bundle services.

Can you receive a discount for bundling internet and phone with Shaw? According to their site it looks like $50+$35 for the most basic internet and phone. I looked at the bundles but they seem to all include TV.

Telus is $30-$5+$52-$5, and their internet is up to 15Mbit down and 1Mbit up, compared to Shaw's 10Mbit/0.5Mbit.

You would get a $10.00 bundle discount for the Basic Phone, but there is no bundled rate for the Internet portion. So, it would be $50.00 (High Speed 10) + $24.95 (Basic Phone).
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Thanks!