uniqs

kyler13
Is your fiber grounded?
join:2006-12-12
Annapolis, MD

kyler13 to avidboy01

to avidboy01

Re: contract coming to an end...question

I'm curious if anyone has had lucking getting or getting close to the new customer type promotions with negotiations over the phone. I find the automated "deals" through my account to be lame and insulting in light of what new customers are getting. If I'm committing a whole two years, I want it to be enticing, not marginal. Every time I've approached these discounts, it's never made sense to make the change. I'm currently a double play customer with a previous incarnation of the Extreme tier and 20/5 internet for $89.99. I'm considering a drop to Prime to update to the current internet mid-tier of 50/25, and I'd like to integrate my phone service. Problem is that the $114.99/month isn't a good deal to port my number over from my $15/month VoIP (that includes all fees). By my estimate, moving to triple play will up my cost $10 plus fees (I'm guessing another $10+ for all the phone service fees since the fed, state, and local municipalities will get their hands in my pocket with Verizon phone service). If I do it, I get a $120 prepaid card. A new customer can get the same package for $89.99 plus a $300 card.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

said by kyler13:

A new customer can get the same package for $89.99 plus a $300 card.

VZ wants to promote higher churn rates.