All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
torontob
join:2012-08-12
North York, ON

torontob to graniterock

to graniterock

Re: Cheapest DATA only plan - who provides it?

MB.

any suggestions?
I can also settle for free inbound text?

Basically, I want the cheapest text and data plan available. 10MB per month or 1000 text per month (inbound only).

Any of those would do the job for me.

Thanks
BrianON
join:2011-09-30
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

BrianON

Without knowing where it's hard to make suggestions as coverage areas of the newer/cheaper entrants is limited.

WindMobile has a Pay Your Way plan with $1/MB for data Canada/US wide, requires $40/6months or $100/12months top ups to keep it active. Phones have free incoming calls in areas with Wind Coverage, also in areas with Wind coverage you can get a social mobile add-on which is $5/month for 50MB. (note: also need a phone that supports the frequencies Wind uses to take advantage of Wind coverage areas)

eeeaddict
join:2010-02-14

eeeaddict to torontob

to torontob
how does free sound? I have speakout and incoming is totally free all you have to do is buy a sim for $10 and add the minimum amount of credit and your balance lasts for 1 year and it includes free incoming text but your on your own when it comes to data
torontob
join:2012-08-12
North York, ON

torontob

eeeaddict - I was actually just checking that. It's 7-Eleven that sells right? Do you know who the provider is? Is should say their ID in GSM Networks. Also, how is the receiving text quality? Is it solid all over Ontario? or do you miss incoming SMS sometimes because it's a nofrills SIM? And does $10 really last for 365 days?

Link me to who sells it if it's not 7-Eleven - Thanks

BrianON - I need an independent SIM so "add-on" won't work for me.

Thanks,

eeeaddict
join:2010-02-14

eeeaddict

It actually says speakout but I know for a fact it is rogers so none of the "zone crap" I get with my other mobilicity phone
oh and yeah its 711 that sells it