Search similar:

uniqs

Anubis Prime
join:2001-06-01
Avonmore, PA

Anubis Prime to Link Logger

to Link Logger

Re: Saudi Arabia Implements Electronic Tracking System for Women

The world is "addicted" to oil because there is NOTHING that is as readily available to provide the power needed by the world. Most of us would like to live in an imaginary future where Mr. Fusion is on the backs of our Deloreans but it isn't the case.

We need to continue to research alternative fuels and explore OUR OWN natural resources, and stop buying oil from people that want to kill us. I, for one, do not want to go back to the stone age while this happens.

So keep it flowing for now!
Laura_cyber
join:2012-11-28
USA 94102

Laura_cyber to DownTheShore

to DownTheShore
Hi,
I want to correct you, "Women are treated as animal or thing in most of the countries (it is not about religion)".
You can took example from news of last few months, what happened to Malaba and and Indian women (didn't know the name) who lost her life in IRELAND(a christian country) during her pregnancy because the physicians refuse to abort the child, arguing that it is against the Christianity. This is very disappointing that, they refuse the importance of mother's life over the foeticide.

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

1 recommendation

carpetshark3 to dave

Premium Member

to dave
said by dave:

said by StuartMW:

The US is doing its best to become Western Europe.

It was my impression that the US is trying hard to become a theocracy, in particular with respect to the canonical 'old white guys' telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies.

(I feel free to use the pejorative term 'old white guys' because I are one.)

Really, this "my country is more free than yours" pissing match is pretty silly, don't you think? And it trivializes the actual topic.

Thank you. I fail to see some of the differences between Sharia law and what these people call Christianity except the name of the god.
Both are extremely repressive.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Bristol, CT

DrStrange

Premium Member

Absolutely. Except that they really are the same.

If you look at it from an outsider's point of view, they're two different sects of the same religion.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

Blogger to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
I'm fairly consistent across the board on things of the type in Saudi Arabia. (Who by the way is our business partner, not our friend like a Canada or UK.)

1. I think that the condition described is wrong.

2. SA is a sovereign nation and up to a point they can do what they want internally.

3. I never want to see our military going overseas to fight and die so Ms. Faisal can have the right to vote, drive a car, not have to cover their bodies from head to toe or not carry electronic tracking devices.