spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Problems

What type of problems have you had with MegaPath recently? I represent them (along with 15+ other CLECs) and are not aware of any problems except that they heavily rely on a company called Global Capacity in over 90% of their serviced areas since they pretty much gutted the COVAD/Speakeasy networks. GC is basically a wholesale company they place orders through and are again, resold to companies such as Qwest(CentLink), AT&T, and about 100+ other companies. So your uptime/downtime could depend on those companies and who they partnered with.

J Henly
@208.85.211.x

J Henly

Anon

They can't keep their lines up or with even the same level of quality any more and their now surly support staff don't have any interest in pushing the LEC's to improve their lines like Speakeasy used to. Also, their accounts payable department is a disaster. They regularly took more than 30 days to register a payment that the bank confirmed was delivered, they "lost" multiple monthly payments ... although they "found" them as soon as I had my lawyer (at $300/hr) send them notices, and once I terminated my service with them, they sent no final bill and sent the account to collections before the bill would even have been due, then after another round with my lawyer, they admitted that they owed me for over a months billing due to their unbelievably bad accounting.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

as far as network goes, as I've stated. The old network is pretty much gone. Now its resold and using various partners that is just backhauled to the MP data center in DFW. The old Speakeasy and COVAD days are long gone as those networks are gone. Very little of them are still around. This is even the network ELink was using for ADSL2+ and New Edge Networks, all gone.

I can't speak for the billing department as I've never had any contact with them, but I can comment on the rest of the company- as far as support and network.

Scob42
@kclinc.org

Scob42 to TBBroadband

Anon

to TBBroadband
I too am very concerned about the poor performance of Megapath. I was a happy Speakeasy customer for several years. I am now paying over $80 a month for a less than dial-up quality service. My speeds used to be fairly fast for our location. For example it took over 20 minutes to download Firefox yesterday evening. There were no other devices on my network at the time. I also can't find anything if there are any guarantees about upload/download speeds. It seems after I signed a 2 year contract is when the problem started.