SoftPerfect WiFi Guard is an essential tool for everyone running a small WiFi network and striving to keep it secure. Generally, modern WiFi networks are well protected, but there is a number of weaknesses that can compromise your WiFi password; this includes vulnerabilities in encryption and brute force attacks. As a result, someone can gain unauthorised access to your Internet and LAN, exploit them and stay unnoticed.
You may think: it's ok, who cares, I have got an uncapped plan. But what about someone reading your personal emails, stealing private information or breaking the law online while using your Internet connection?
Here comes our little application that allows you to know immediately if your network is used without your knowledge. It's a specalised network scanner that runs through your network at set intervals and reports immediately if it has found any new connected devices that could possible belong to an intruder.
• Pings computers and other network devices and displays those alive.
• Detects firewalled computers that do not respond to ping.
• Scans your network at a specified interval.
• Immediately alerts you if an unknown device is found.
• Runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
• Absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware, spyware or malware.
SoftPerfect WiFi Guard v1.0.0
November 24, 2012
Windows 2000 or higher, Mac OS 10.4 on Intel or higherm Linux with GTK+ 2.8 or higher (32-bit and 64-bit)
• Initial release of our first cross-platform product.
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/