uniqs

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

Demonoid is Back!!!

After three and a half months of downtime Demonoid’s tracker is now back online. The unexpected revival of the tracker is the first sign of life in weeks and suggests that the Demonoid team is working to bring the full site back online. While the index and forum remain offline, the many thousands of torrents tracked by Demonoid have been brought back to life.

demonoidWhen Demonoid went down at the end of July the site’s admin blamed a DDoS attack. This initial attack resulted in a series of problems that were not easy to fix.

Article here

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

1 recommendation

sivran

Premium Member

Little slow on the uptake?

»[BT] Demonoid Is Back - Sort Of

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

This is new to me I don't check this area of the site often.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar to Boricua

to Boricua
meh too little too late. Dumping all my p2p accounts. Too much hassle with copyright trolls. Going strictly usenet encrypted.

SychoSly
Scoot the World
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
Mount Prospect, IL

SychoSly

Premium Member

said by AkFubar:

meh too little too late. Dumping all my p2p accounts. Too much hassle with copyright trolls. Going strictly usenet encrypted.

What service and provider will you be using for downloading and encryption?

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast to AkFubar

Premium Member

to AkFubar
said by AkFubar:

Why not use a VPN?

nomorep2p
@telus.net

nomorep2p

Anon

What makes you think you are safe behind a VPN? The VPN provider will be forced to reveal your IP under threat of legal action.
singerie3
anon are muted
join:2008-10-12
Montreal, QC

singerie3 to SychoSly

to SychoSly
if you don't need too much retention, frugalusenet at 40$ per year is awesome!

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast to nomorep2p

Premium Member

to nomorep2p
said by nomorep2p :

What makes you think you are safe behind a VPN? The VPN provider will be forced to reveal your IP under threat of legal action.

You should do some research on VPN's. You can use a VPN in a country where there are no copyright laws/dmca such as sweden. You can also use a free VPN provider so they have none of your information and use a provider that doesn't log IP's and such.

I am using a free VPN provider located in Sweden which has unlimited data transfer and I did not sign up, so no e-mail address, no nothing. They have the IPSEC username/password/IP right on their site. The provider I am using now... I've pulled 60 MBit (6-7 Meg's a sec) for a period of several hours while I downloaded nearly 70 GB of data.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

hm mind PMing me a link to that VPN?
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000 to nomorep2p

to nomorep2p
said by nomorep2p :

It's an added layer. Say your using a VPN, the IP is located in Europe. You have Euro authorities requesting the info. They have no jurisdiction in Canada/US. It makes it more of a PiTA. Also many VPN's don't keep records, so there would be no evidence of who had the ip address at the time of the offense (allthough this is completely on the honour system which is troublesome).

My main gripe with VPN's is how much it slows down an internet connection. I suppose you could set up a proxy just to use with your torrent program?
sakuradrl
join:2012-12-10
Lasalle, QC

sakuradrl to MineCoast

to MineCoast
Hi, can you please PM the VPN you use.

Thanks