All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
seguycarbono
join:2012-11-18

seguycarbono

Sagemcom 2864 + WAP610n access point FIBE 25MBPS

I was having problems with the Sagemcom only. Devices weren't getting full speeds.

A Bell tech showed up with a WAP610n linksys Access Point. He installed it right next to the Sagemcom. I'm assuming he disabled the Sagemcom's WIFI capabilities, and got all the devices working.

Why do i have this setup? Should i get rid of the WAP and just use the sagemcom in modem/router mode?

And if i want to use the WAP, is it as simple as connecting it, putting my SSID info in, and disabling primary SSID and SSID broadcast in the Bell Connection Hub?

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

so let me get this straight... you complained about your wireless speeds of your "Connection Hub", called bel, they WAP610n, your devices are all working fine, now you want to screw up everything and remove the WAP610n and be back to square one? He obviously put the 610n there for a REASON. why muck with it, your devices are connected to it, no? so why try and re-enable the wireless on your Connection Hub when you no need to? mi no no?
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

You sound aggravated.

No, not everything is working fine. I have to reboot the modem daily. Sometimes i have to reboot 2-3 times a row for certain devices to get a signal.

The problem is always the same, connected to network, no internet access. If i troubleshoot using the windows7 wizard, i get the "wireless network ip configured incorrectly".
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman to seguycarbono

to seguycarbono
The WAP 610N that bell provides has issues of its own. There's a firmware update for it now, but when I was using it I lost connection once a day. (not mention the hilarious typo in the interface, (Candida French)

I recommend you get a Linksys E4200 device
»www.ncix.com/products/?s ··· oid=1479

if you want decent all around wifi and router

If you want to turn the Bell Sagemcom wifi (which also has issues) you can do that and pick a different channel, but not recommended.
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

Why do they even give you that POS if it doesn't work. I get daily drops like you, and the worst part is, Bell can't troubleshoot because the WAP610n is not their "stock setup". They can only help if i'm using the Sagemcom as a modem/router.

so maybe a firmware upgrade will help?
Cloneman
Montreal

Cloneman

said by seguycarbono:

Why do they even give you that POS if it doesn't work. I get daily drops like you, and the worst part is, Bell can't troubleshoot because the WAP610n is not their "stock setup". They can only help if i'm using the Sagemcom as a modem/router.

so maybe a firmware upgrade will help?

Probably not, I gave up after reading desperation threads elsewhere with this unit.

it's not really bell's fault, (well, it's their fault that the built-in wifi on sagemcom sucks, but its not really their fault that they picked a mediocre replacement)

All I hear about with wifi are intermittent issues. I'd estimate there's a critical mass of questionable wifi chipsets and routers out there...

I start with the assumption that any particular wifi device sucks until proven otherwise...
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

So sick of this. I've been troubleshooting all weekend with little to no help from Bell. They basically tell me they can't help with the WAP610n, and that i can try rebooting my devices. NO SHIT!!
Cloneman
Montreal

Cloneman

said by seguycarbono:

So sick of this. I've been troubleshooting all weekend with little to no help from Bell. They basically tell me they can't help with the WAP610n, and that i can try rebooting my devices. NO SHIT!!

Remember, this is company that had rebooting VDSL2 modems for 1 year before any slight hope of a fix was found, and this problem carried forward for another year for wholesale customers.

Best not to try and find logic where there isn't any... you need to pay bell for hardware rental, and then get your own anyway

Heck, I have a WRT54G and TP-link modem on long term loan at this girl's house that I barely know... I just felt so bad seeing her struggle with the 2wire

On the flipside, I've noticed Sagemcom handles congestion very well compared to ordinary dsl modems, which start dropping packets when as little as 50% of the line is used on up/down at the same time/

EDIT: just to make sure, have you looked into it to make sure your modem isn't losing sync as well?
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

I just did a full factory on every device.

If i keep losing connection daily they will come take all their shit back and their crap marketing fibe25, and videotron will come over and install me some nice cable internets.
Cloneman
Montreal

Cloneman to seguycarbono

to seguycarbono
I wouldn't give up, you're almost there

Look into the 81111 interleave profile if you're getting sync no surf issues, and buy a better router

You need a router anyway for cable if you decide to switch
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

With a router aren't I going to have tons of trouble with a router due to the fact that the sagemcom can't be put in real bridge mode? The ppoe bypass will create a double nat?

Pauly
canada

Pauly

wireless or not, if u have surfing issues its not the WAP610n, first get the surfing issues fixed then you can worry bout the wap610n or what ever rouder you choose
Cloneman
Montreal

Cloneman to seguycarbono

to seguycarbono
No. Whn you pppoe,the sagemcom becomes a transparent device and the router gets a real public ip.. There is no double Nat.

Pauly
canada

Pauly

if u put pppoe on the device, it will get a public ip. if u dont, it will get a 192.168.2.x ip from the "Bell Connection Hub" modem's dhcp, not hard to understand, all devices follow the same logic.
Mont
join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC

Mont to seguycarbono

to seguycarbono
Did you update the wap610n ?
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

Here is the solution that fixed my problem completely.

Got rid of the WAP610n. And bought a D-Link powerline network adapter and extender.

I'm getting full speeds, everywhere, on every device.
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

Well i spoke too soon. It seems that no matter what setup i use, no matter what access point i'm using, the hub loses its connection. A reboot fixes the problem temporarily.

Called Bell again, all the guy did was change my PPPoe password. He told me the modem should stop losing its connectivity. Can't wait to see that.
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k to seguycarbono

to seguycarbono
seguycarbono

The problem your having, or at least what your describing, is about as clear as mud.

Your first post implies you were having a wireless issue. But by the end of the thread, thus far, it sounds more like a sync, or sync no surf.

Can you be a little more clear in your description of the trouble maybe?

Do your wired devices lose connectivity also?

If they do, does the sync light on the sagemcom start flashing? If so this would imply a line problem and could explain your erratic speed issues.

If the sync light stays solid, then it could be a known issue generally referred to as 'sync no surf' and some people in this forum have some experience with THAT issue.

If your wired devices do NOT lose connectivity, but your wireless devices do, then obviously you dont have any sync issues. If that's the case, has the sagemcom been replaced yet? I use the sagemcom at home and have NO issues with it's wireless, other than it's range.

Pauly
canada

Pauly

yeah man, all ths rant about his WAP610n not working and it turned out all this time it was a problem with his connection hub instead. Just unplug the 610N and cal up your ISP and do us all a favour and troubleshoot your connection first and foremost please!
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

Why are you so angry? I'm not a tech guy, i've been troubleshooting this stuff for a week or so now. What seems apparent to some, isn't to others.

Also, no one is forcing you to come into my thread. If you have nothing to help out with, don'T post! This isn't a little teenagers discussion board, if you wan't to have an internet persona you could always try montrealracing.com
seguycarbono

seguycarbono to urbang33k

to urbang33k
said by urbang33k:

seguycarbono

The problem your having, or at least what your describing, is about as clear as mud.

Your first post implies you were having a wireless issue. But by the end of the thread, thus far, it sounds more like a sync, or sync no surf.

Can you be a little more clear in your description of the trouble maybe?

Do your wired devices lose connectivity also?

If they do, does the sync light on the sagemcom start flashing? If so this would imply a line problem and could explain your erratic speed issues.

If the sync light stays solid, then it could be a known issue generally referred to as 'sync no surf' and some people in this forum have some experience with THAT issue.

If your wired devices do NOT lose connectivity, but your wireless devices do, then obviously you dont have any sync issues. If that's the case, has the sagemcom been replaced yet? I use the sagemcom at home and have NO issues with it's wireless, other than it's range.

It goes like this usually, everything is fine i'm surfing the web loading pages. Then i'm going to notice a drop in speed. I'll do a speedtest.net and usually i'm in between 10-15mbps. Usually a few minutes later i try to load a page, and it tries to load for a few minutes. Then i get a screen saying cannot load webpage.

During this process i always keep connection to my network, i just dont have internet access.

All my devices are wireless, next time this happens, which will be today, i will wired up the PC see if i'm connected.
Mont
join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC

Mont

When your issue is fix , update your wap610n to avoid any wireless problems.
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

The WAP610n has been updated to 1.0.04. Its the latest version.

Also, i don'T use it anymore. I bought a D-Link powerline and adapter, which solved my weak signal issues. But i'm still getting, what seems to be synch no surf.

Pauly
canada

Pauly to seguycarbono

to seguycarbono
said by seguycarbono:

Why are you so angry? I'm not a tech guy, i've been troubleshooting this stuff for a week or so now. What seems apparent to some, isn't to others.

Also, no one is forcing you to come into my thread. If you have nothing to help out with, don'T post! This isn't a little teenagers discussion board, if you wan't to have an internet persona you could always try montrealracing.com

who are you replying to? also this is a public forum, if u dont want ppl to reply then u should have thought about that before you posted your topics, also none of us on here are angry at all, wer'e friendly people, were nice and were here to make u feel welcome and give helpfull friendly advice thanks for visiting Bell.
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

Lol thanks for the internet lesson. And obviously you feel concerned with my post because it concerns you.

I'll agree with you, everyone else that has posted in my two threads have been very nice and friendly.

TilhasBB
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
canada

TilhasBB to seguycarbono

Premium Member

to seguycarbono
nevermind you seemed to have resolved your issue.
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

Bell sent a tech over yesterday with a new Sagemcom. So far so good.
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k

good to hear