Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to Alcohol

Re: Spartacus Season 3 War of The Damned Trailer

said by Alcohol:

I really hope they go through with the sequel of this show. I don't want this series to ever end.

Sequel? What sequel?
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4

Starz is considering a squeal/spin off.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
reply to Octavean

It sucks that Starz is only giving is 3 seasons because it's started to cost money. It was originally meant to be 5+.

And only 10 episodes? What the fuck starz.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

I don't think the pace feels rushed on the series as a whole. We'll see how the series concludes but so far it seems a decent pace. I had hopes for another season but when you see the checkpoints in the history going by you see the end is ni,...

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI

It's not rushed, it's just a shame it has to end.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

1 recommendation

said by Alcohol:

It's not rushed, it's just a shame it has to end.

I hear you,....

All good things,....

All we can ever really hope for is a fun ride as long as it lasts and it has been that,....

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On
kudos:2

1 recommendation

I dunno. I'm a bit turned off from the show lately. It's just more of the same from previous seasons. Eventually the gore and sex just become boring.

I'm still watching and "enjoying" it but it's not at the top of my list like it previously was.
--
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't, are both right. Which one are you?"

racer9876
Defender Of The Universe
Premium
join:2000-07-03
Rosamond, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
·Antelecom
reply to Octavean

Well at least its good to finally have an adversary that is a match for Spartacus as far as wits are concerned. Not only seeing through his plan to fight him on two fronts back turn the pirates (You can't trust pirates anymore ) on him.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

Only 5 episodes before the end of spartacus. It seems like something big is going to happen. Maybe key characters will be killed in this battle.

I was hoping spartacus had a plan to fire cannons from the ship to the roman ships. I don't see how they can fight all those.
--

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Octavean

this last episode was great, but i didn't follow the whole deal with that slave girl the father & son were separately banging. ceaser using her as an excuse to go to the front lines instead of back to town to gather more men seemed lame, and her fear of being alone in running the town villa with the son, while the father was in rome didn't seem like a bad deal, when compared to joining a gang of exiled slaves running away in the thick of winter.

this whole side plot seemed contrived and unneeded - the writers could have just as easily kept the slave and ceaser where they were - as it made no difference later to anyone in the plot line once the slaves slipped through the wall to escape. - if the writers needed to get the slave girl to join spartacus i really can't see why bother, as he already out foxed the romans without her insights, and none of the romans would compromise their pursuit of spartacus just because of a pretty slave girl... unless she plans to spy on the slave rebellion for the romans - which is also doubtful.

i read next week's synopsis which said there will be further division between ceaser and the roman leader's son, but again - that plot direction would have occurred with or without that slave girl around.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

1 recommendation

The son of Crassus AKA Tiberius raped the slave known as Kore after his friends death (relationship with whom was unclear IMO). This was something of an affront beyond what would be typical of such an act because she aided in raising Tiberius from boyhood to manhood. So her feelings for Tiberius were maternal or quasi maternal.

Clearly Kore was conflicted in revealing this to Crassus. Apparently she feels for both Crassus and Tiberius and leaving would prevent any kind of retribution by Crassus against Tiberius for the act of rape . It would also remove her from being close / alone with Tiberius preventing further attack.

Ultimately she is a slave and perhaps never really thought of herself as such due to being well-kept,...until the incident with Tiberius and her new position / charge with Tiberius (taking her away from Crassus).

Wanting to flee,....where would she (a run away slave) go,...?

So going with slaves on the run makes some sense but she would have had to cross over the ~1000 some odd bodies of dead slaves which should have also reminded her of her own mortality,...enough so to turn back,......

She will probably serve some purpose later on but we know how the story ends for the most part,.....

All the signs of the end are starting to come together though. An episode or two ago they made mention of a Roman campaign in Spain ending headed by Pompeius (Pompey). Recalling resources due to the third Servile war,....or just returning home victorious,...

One of the main reasons Spartacus did so well was because Roman forces were spread too thin in other parts of the world.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Octavean hit the nail right on the head.

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

thanks for taking the time to elaborate... i still think living in luxury as a house manager with an occasional rape is better than wintering free with a band of slaves, but whatever...

considering how that roman kid got punished for attacking on the beach when he should have waited for his dad's army, one would expect ceaser to get into a lot of trouble for defying orders and bringing that slave girl to the war camp instead of rallying the troops back in town, but i suppose with 3 episode left there may not be enough time to deal with it properly.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

said by Packeteers:

thanks for taking the time to elaborate... i still think living in luxury as a house manager with an occasional rape is better than wintering free with a band of slaves, but whatever...

Would you rather get raped occasionally, or live free though suffering through the cold and risk freezing?

Lesser of two evils. It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Well said,...

vivere liber - live free, die free

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
reply to Octavean

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Jay_
Premium
Pickering On

Great episode.

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to Octavean

Cesar getting flagged by Tiberius was pretty surprising.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

I agree,...

I find it a little hard to believe but then they don't always stick to what is believed to be true. I'm a little unclear on which Tiberius this is (historically) but his insanity is well beyond his station at this point.

Crixus,.....what can you say about that. If I recall correctly, there was no actual attack made on Rome itself. There was a swing back where they could have attacked Rome,......but didn't. I think there was a split but I don't recall the reason.

I know it ended in mass crucifixion of the fugitive slaves, but beyond that it gets a little fuzzy with different accounts,... Some say Spartacus was never captured and killed while others claim that he died with the bulk of them

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to TigerLord

said by TigerLord:

Cesar getting flagged by Tiberius was pretty surprising.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Octavean

Great f*cking episode last night!!!!

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

1 recommendation

reply to Octavean

Yeah, great episode indeed,.....

It almost had the feel of the first episode or first season. A return to the sands of the arena,.....

Great stuff

Jay_
Premium
Pickering On

Definitely one of the better episodes of the season last night. Looking forward to the season finale.
--
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't, are both right. Which one are you?"

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
Canada
reply to Alpha Phoenix

Agreed. Kickass episode.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit
reply to Octavean

said by Octavean:

Yeah, great episode indeed,.....

It almost had the feel of the first episode or first season. A return to the sands of the arena,.....

Great stuff

100% Agreed!!! I said the same exact thing, like the feel was like they took it back to the first season. Excellent!!! Loved it!!! And that whole way they paid respect to Crixus, and the others, was really touching. Gave me chills. All in all, I'm really sad to see Crixus go, but I think this was definitely one of the best episodes of this season.

--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Octavean

And so it ends,.....

I think they really did the series justice,.....

Sad to see it go,.....

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

Loved seeing Andy Whitfield being paid homage to at the very end.

Sad to see what happened to Gannicus, but they at least gave him honor at the end.

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
Canada
reply to Octavean

The finale was one of the most entertaining TV hour I remember watching in a while. Great finale.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to Octavean

Everything about the finale was perfect. The way everyone went out fit each character perfectly (lol Lugo). This episode could have been a movie and i would have paid to see it.

Fucking Ceaser, i lost all respect for you. Poor gannicus, but the way he went out. Glory of the arena with Oenomaus by his side. Suits him perfectly.

Spartacus's end was boss. His last moments with his wife reminded us why he ever became spartacus.

Even though this was the best series finale ive ever seen, i'm really upset that i won't get to see this show again. Fucking Starz.
--