All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Bad
@mchsi.com

Bad

Anon

[IA] Connection Issue.. Bad Latency SICK OF IT!

I live in Des Moines Ashley Square Apartments and i am experiencing strange things with my connection. It has been going on for over couple months. My connection goes from being perfect to being bad in couple minutes and it keeps doing this all day long..

This is when it goes bad:

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 3858.png

then i test again after five minutes my ping would be stable and connection is over 20+ MB.

I am not sure what is going on. It can sometimes go for 10 hours without this happening then all of the sudden it starts going into crazy mode again. I have been Mediacom customers for over 10 years and i tried calling Tech Support they cant find the problem because connection goes to stable while they perform the test. They wanted to send Tech out as well but they told me he will charge me if he doesnt find any problems?? Somebody from mediacom please check what is going on.. my internet is useless since i watch Netflix and do video gaming.
Pringlescan
join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA

Pringlescan

Try asking some of your apartment building dwellers if they have mediacom and if they have the same issue. Apartments are notorious for having bad wiring since most apartment managers/owners are too cheap to fix it.
shocktrooper
join:2007-09-10
Des Moines, IA

shocktrooper

This only starts happening after 6 pm or so in the morning no issues.. so i doubt its wiring because it would happen all day

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to Bad

Premium Member

to Bad
I will be happy to look into the issues that you are having. Can you send me an IM with your account or phone number?
shocktrooper
Des Moines, IA

shocktrooper

Thank you. I really am not sure what is going on.. one hour connection would be fine then it goes crazy pings over 400 ms then when i try calling mediacom connection goes back to normal so its hard to solve this issue when it jumps like this. Again thank you for your fast help!
Nexis
join:2002-04-29
USA

Nexis to Bad

to Bad
are you using a wireless router?

Did you give the password to anyone?

Do you have it secured?

Do you have WPS turned on in your router?

do you experience the same problems if you take the router out of the mix?
shocktrooper
Des Moines, IA

2 edits

shocktrooper

I do use a router.. but wireless is disabled since i dont use it.

And yes i experience same problem if i take the router out.

I just experienced same problem exactly at 8:20 PM Today.. and it came back to normal at 8:50 to ping of 40ms and download of 23 mbps

shocktrooper

shocktrooper to Bad

to Bad
Mediacom tech was out here and swapped my modem claming that my old modem was bad. After he left i barely even opened this website to post this... this is what my gaming experience looks like

Latency almost 600ms

And here is the speed test

I have also bought new router and tech replaced the modem and its even worse now. When this happens it can last anywhere from one minute up to couple hours.
shocktrooper

shocktrooper to Bad

to Bad
Here is the Jitter/Ping test from pingtest.net

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Thank you for the update.
shocktrooper
Des Moines, IA

shocktrooper

I think connection is ok now... thank you Chad will post back if anymore issues.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You're welcome. Let me know if you ever need further assistance.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to shocktrooper

Premium Member

to shocktrooper
said by shocktrooper:

I think connection is ok now... thank you Chad will post back if anymore issues.

What was the resolution? If they didn't come out to the house / your neighborhood I would be suspicious unless it was a headend issue.
v_lestat
The Blood Is The Life
join:2002-11-09

v_lestat to Bad

to Bad
100% dito... dont just say thanks without letting the rest of us know what the issue was, your fault or MC's. or what ever.
shocktrooper
Des Moines, IA

shocktrooper

i am still not sure

trying to figure out sometimes its ok sometimes its not

»i46.tinypic.com/30iguuu.png

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech