spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tyrone

@comcast.net

Craigslist to ebay? Hi I need some public opinion

Message #1
Hi, the car is still available for sale. the price for the car is $4150. I'm forced to sell for personal reasons under market value.I don't want to offend you but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply.

few words about the car: first owner, 2009 Honda Accord EX Coupe 2.4l engine, 4FWD, cruize control, dual zone climate , Automatic Transmission. the car has 32,550 k miles. in great shape, no engine problems, oil changed properly. The car has always been stored inside, non-smoking vehicle. I have a clear title for it.Here you have the pics: »www.use.com/b778d2b85bc599ad42ea?p=1

Anyway, I want to tell you that I am currently on a trip for UNICEF, that's why I chose to sell my car over the internet and suggested using eBay for completing this deal. The car is also auctioned on eBay with the Buy It Now option and I will ONLY close the deal through them. I've already included the car into eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection. If you want to buy it, I can give you a detailed description on how to buy it with ebay vehicle purchase protection. Thanks, Adriana.

Message #2
Hi, I am currently on a trip for UNICEF until January and it's nobody home to show you the car, that's why I'm using ebay for completing this deal. ebay will take care of everything on my behalf. they will handle the money and will ship the car to you. the car is located in Columbus, OH, shipping to any US address is included in the sale price $4150. I have a free shipping coupon at DAS and I can ship the car for free.
I want to use eBay because I have an agreement with them and a purchase protection
account of $50,000 so we will both be 100% protected in this deal.
Here is a detailed description of the ebay vehicle purchase protection. ebay will act like a third party and will hold the payment into their safe account until the car will be delivered and inspected by you, at your home.
once the money was paid, eBay will confirm me and I can ship the car to you. The car will be delivered at your address by DAS service in max 48 hours. You will have 3 days for the car inspection and the possibility to accept or reject the car. You have the option to use an independent Inspection Authority to make sure that the vehicle is as described. If you accept the car , you authorize ebay to release the funds to me, if you reject the car, ebay will refund you in full and will ship the car back to me by my expenses. the car will be delivered with title, owner's manual, service records, and of course the bill of sale.
The purpose of the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program is to provide buyers with added confidence that a passenger vehicle purchased is accurately described in the listing, and to protect buyers if the actual vehicle condition is materially different from the listing description.
If you are interested to buy the car, I can give you a direct link from my eBay auction on how to buy it with ebay vehicle purchase protection. thanks, Adriana

To me it seems fishy at this point. I really don't know if its legit due to reading all the scams and frauds that happened to people through transactions like that. I really want the car because it sounds really great. Since I'm a paypal user and most likely every transaction i do would falls under paypal. Would I still remain safe? It makes me really unsure of something like this. If it is a scam would I really be ensured by its policy. Would I get my money back? I am still at this line of whether or not should I do it or not.

harald

join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH
kudos:2

Scam. There is no possibility that this is legitimate.

»www.fightthescams.com/2010/05/17···-unicef/

Sound familiar??

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2

said by harald:

Scam. There is no possibility that this is legitimate.

»www.fightthescams.com/2010/05/17···-unicef/

Sound familiar??

Agreed. Walk away.

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Tyrone

Scam

(Just to give a third opinion).

If you were to follow through, you would probably find that the transaction did not use paypal. All of that ebay and paypal stuff is just name dropping, to make it sound authentic.
--
AT&T Uverse; Zyxel NBG334W router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.2; firefox 16.0.2

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to Tyrone

»www.google.ca/#hl=en&safe=off&tb···&bih=596

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1
reply to Tyrone

A well-known scam. They'll ultimately ask for the money to be wired out of the country via Western Union or a similar service.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to Tyrone

said by Tyrone :

said by scammer :
Hi, the car is still available for sale. the price for the car is $4150. I'm forced to sell for personal reasons under market value.

2009 Honda Accord EX Coupe
the car has 32,550 k miles. in great shape,

Anyway, I want to tell you that I am currently on a trip for UNICEF, that's why I chose to sell my car over the internet

I've already included the car into eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection. ebay will take care of everything on my behalf. they will handle the money and will ship the car to you. the car is located in Columbus, OH, shipping to any US address is included in the sale price $4150. I have a free shipping coupon at DAS and I can ship the car for free.

I really don't know if its legit due to reading all the scams and frauds that happened to people through transactions like that. I really want the car because it sounds really great. Since I'm a paypal user and most likely every transaction i do would falls under paypal. Would I still remain safe? It makes me really unsure of something like this. If it is a scam would I really be ensured by its policy. Would I get my money back? I am still at this line of whether or not should I do it or not.

You would not get your money back as it is a scam 100%. That's a 13 to 16 grand car and the asking price alone indicates it is a scammer just waiting for you to Money Gram or Western Union him your hard earned but unrecoverable cash.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
reply to Tyrone

You should post the scammers email address to help publicize it.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to Tyrone

More details

The Craigslist /eBay Car Scam
»www.simplysoldstore.com/wordpres···ar-scam/

Aranarth

join:2011-11-04
Stanwood, MI
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Tyrone

The fact that the legitimate owner is NOT HOME, nor is there anyone home on their behalf is a serious flag.

How are you going to transfer the title?!

How do you know the person selling the car is the actual owner of the car? You could be stealing a car for $4k for all you know.

Note if you have $16K car and need cash fast take it to a used car dealer and ask for $8k they will give it to you and you don't need to worry about selling it the slow way like this. The dealer makes a profit, you make fast cash, someone else gets a good deal on a used car. Everyone wins.