Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cmthru

join:2005-03-19
Rockville, MD
reply to fitsun

Re: Call Forwarding

I should have included the proper link and not refer to the one directly above my comment.

»my.magicjack.com/call-forwarding.html

golfer55

join:2009-12-25
Grottoes, VA
Link does not work for me take me to log in page then i see no option for call forwarding

cmthru

join:2005-03-19
Rockville, MD
After you log in it ought to jump to the CF switch page.

fitsun
Premium
join:2003-09-20
Lake Villa, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to cmthru
said by cmthru:

I should have included the proper link and not refer to the one directly above my comment.

»my.magicjack.com/call-forwarding.html

It's a no go for me. It just brings me to the login page. I looked under every tab Call Farward is not there for sure. Looked into Nettalk. Seem like a lot of features and they have a wireless model for the same price of the MG+ unit. I also researched the ONi100 VOIP adapter for VOIP calls. You can use it with Google voice. The unit retails for $39.95 but I found it on New egg for $29.95 dont know if this was a cyber Monday price but it looks like a great alternative to all others because google voice does not charge for calls

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT
GVJack is another option. It's approximately $20, one-time fee, and works with your old MJ device through Google Voice.

»www.pcphonesoft.com/

fitsun
Premium
join:2003-09-20
Lake Villa, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
I also have checked out GVjack that can be used with the magic Jack. The only problem I see with this is, you need the magic jack unit plugged into your computer for this to work. To me, it's a step backwards. If I'm wrong on having the magic jack being connected to a computer please advise. Thanks

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT
Nope you're not wrong, it has to be connected to the computer. The GVJack software isn't built into the MJ device, so it has to run on a computer. For a one time fee of $20 it doesn't feel like a step back to me at all, and since it's Google Voice and not MJ no numbers are blocked like they are with MJ.

I've been using GVJack since about February and have no regrets. I run it on a $100 computer I bought just for MJ and since it runs my web server anyway I'm not out anything by keeping that cheap computer on all the time.