Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

starling72

join:2006-04-15
Boone, IA

1 edit

[Cable HSI] Internet down - Monday a.m.

My modem keeps cycling this morning. Noticed at around 6:40am, but Internet was working earlier when I checked something from my iPad on wifi.

Modem system tab shows "Not Synchronized", then "Access Denied". Same in Status tab. Occasionally notice a "Phy Synchronized" status for a few seconds.

Log tab shows same set of entries over and over, not sure which is technically first or last in the sequence. Are there particular ones I should look for to help determine the nature of the problem?

Name: DPQ2160
Modem SN: 234529392
HW version: 2.0
SW version: dpq2160-v202r12811-090120as

Frequently seen log entry: TLV-11 - unrecognized OID

starling72

Boone, IA

Now I'm seeing intermittent brief outages on the tv signal, too...guessing there's something going on with the system as a whole (or in my region/'hood) rather than just my cable Internet.

Can anyone confirm either way?

tlongren

join:2004-01-27
Collins, IA
reply to starling72

Seems to be better.

starling72

Boone, IA
reply to starling72

Mediacom replied on their support site, "I show that there is a known issue off the master headend in Ames affecting services in Boone. Network Operations is aware and they have technicians working to resolved this matter, but I do not have an ETR at this time."

My HSI is still completely down (not surprising, given the above response).

starling72

Boone, IA
reply to starling72

Service seems to have been restored.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

I am glad your service has been restored. Let me know if you have any other issues.