how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RudolfR

join:2012-11-26
reply to alchav

Re: Verizon not going to replace copper damaged by Sandy

Verizon will not leave anyone without Service.

I am a Verizon customer, and I remain without service. I have been told, effectively, to screw off; I use DSL (working, so the twisted pair is fine...) and that means POTS, not FIOS.

alchav

join:2002-05-17
Saint George, UT
Reviews:
·ooma
said by RudolfR:

I am a Verizon customer, and I remain without service. I have been told, effectively, to screw off; I use DSL (working, so the twisted pair is fine...) and that means POTS, not FIOS.

In a crises like you have there in your area, Verizon will prioritize their work and try and to Service the most effected. Fiber is the Future Infrastructure, and if it is available Verizon will use it. You have elected to wait for the Copper to be replaced. So Verizon will take this into consideration, but will use it's resources with what is available now which is Fiber. When Verizon has time and resources to analyze the remaining un-served Customers, then the Copper may be replaced in certain areas or the Customers will be told their options. Remember Copper is old technology connected to old equipment, that will be removed eventually.

meeeeeeeeee

join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY
reply to RudolfR
said by RudolfR:

Most states have a "Public Service Commission" or "Public Utilities Commission" that rule copper and certain legal requirements for copper's maintenance. Perhaps you should call yours and see if they can assist you in your situation.
--
Isn't it sad that those that raise their right hand and swear "to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America" are usually the ones most likely to trash it.