TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to NotBieber

Re: Teksavvy - Please Stop Telling Us That POTS is Available

There is currently a Stop-Sell for Bell Line transfers to our POTS platform. It was removed from our site to prevent orders from coming in.

POTS is still available for new line installations and also CLEC Transfers... i.e. Rogers to TekSavvy or Cogeco to TekSavvy.

We placed the TekTalk service offer for those that are blocked by the Stop-Sell to provide an alternative!

I am not quite sure I understand your comment our our VoIP... Are you saying that we are not able to provide service in your area? If that is the case, it just may be that we do not have numbers for your area...

Can you please elaborate?

Thanks,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
said by TSI Andre:

POTS is still available for new line installations and also CLEC Transfers... i.e. Rogers to TekSavvy or Cogeco to TekSavvy.

Technically.. I believe that some transfers from non-Bell phone providers are also on stop sell. In particular, if the number originated on Bell (or if it was ever on Bell--but that might be the same thing), it can not be transferred to Teksavvy POTS.

You guys really just need to implement a waiting list. Just make it manual.. Let me stick them all on my reseller, and I'll even take care of managing it
--
electronicsguru.ca

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Correct.

Let me push that idea internally.

Cheers,

Andre

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

I am not quite sure I understand your comment our our VoIP... Are you saying that we are not able to provide service in your area? If that is the case, it just may be that we do not have numbers for your area...

Can you please elaborate?

This is in reference to TSI's rejection of VoIP for your office/callcenters. You've used VoIP in the past (for the TSI office's telephone service for support/sales/etc phones), but had lots of problems with it, and switched to POTS in the end. However, as a VoIP service provider, the refusal to eat your own dogfood, as its called in the tech industry (use your own product) basically says to customers that your product (TekTalk) is so unreliable that you don't use it yourselves.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
huh?

there's only one reason to have gone TDM.. and it's because we're remote in Chatham and we simply did not want to have all the voice traffic and data traffic rely all on the same equipment.

We wanted diversity so that if somehow something went wrong that one or the other would be up still. But this is all local stuff in Chatham.

The phone system is the same either way.. it can do voip or TDM...

TekTalk is a completely different system then our phone system we have in our office.. and they both have two completely different purposes.. one is for a call center.. the other is for delivering phone services.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
I'm not necessarily saying I agree, I was only explaining the comment that Andre misunderstood.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
Ah. Ok I thought that was odd of you.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Montreal DSL

join:2011-02-02
Montreal-DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Teddy Boom

You guys really just need to implement a waiting list. Just make it manual.. Let me stick them all on my reseller, and I'll even take care of managing it

TeddyBoom, you may have some competition on this front

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Guspaz
Thanks for clarifying!