All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

RobinK
join:2004-04-16
Canada

RobinK to captokita

to captokita

Re: [Anime] Crunchyroll 1 yr $49.99 sale!

I wonder when the year is up, if users on this deal will be able to renew on next year's black Friday deal. Making the ongoing cost for those whose cycle ends on black Friday half that of everyone else's.

XANAVirus
Premium Member
join:2012-03-03
Lavalette, WV

XANAVirus

Premium Member

I can't see how there would be a problem, unless their renewal date is either further or earlier in their futures than the next Black Friday deal.

I don't know if they cut off access to the deal at 11:59:59PM on the Black Friday or if they wait an extra day (I'd trend towards the later).

Too bad I didn't know about this sooner, since I subscribe yearly to an Anime subscription there (like you, I can count on zero fingers the number of dramas I watched there).

Totally worth it, especially when you have a Google TV (with Android, and therefore a Crunchyroll application).

The anime available from my cable provider (a VERY small offering), what with anime only available Saturdays after midnight - and maybe not forever - and of course the Free Anime channel which has a total of TWO whole choices (unless I want $7/month to see about the paid anime channel, which I have no idea what is on it until I pay first), it pales in comparison to Crunchyroll (and I can watch it anywhere, even at my high school where I intern - sometimes there's nothing to do for an hour or more).

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to RobinK

Premium Member

to RobinK
said by RobinK:

I wonder when the year is up, if users on this deal will be able to renew on next year's black Friday deal. Making the ongoing cost for those whose cycle ends on black Friday half that of everyone else's.

I've renewed 2 years in a row with the black friday deal. My initial join date was in Dec. though, so, it never really applied. Last year they had a $10 coupon to go with it, which applied to a purchase in the year. Too bad, would've liked to see that again.

The thing tho, is you are signed up for the full plan - the $99.99/yr plan, so when the year comes close to the end, you want to make sure to check your status so you don't get dinged for the $100. You would be paid through Nov, so you should reach the black friday deal day. They would try to ding you at the end of Oct for the following year.