uniqs
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

1 recommendation

Crookshanks to fifty nine

to fifty nine

Re: Postpaid user here

The unlimited voice/text is essentially a giveaway with the new plans. The per-device cost exists primarily to recover the device subsidy, hence why tablets cost next to nothing, while smartphones are $40/mo. The data packages are the true revenue source with the new plans.

The real crime here is that you can't BYOD and pay a reduced per-device cost. I believe that T-Mobile has slightly cheaper plans for BYOD users, but none of the other carriers have ever shown an inclination to follow in their footsteps.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by Crookshanks:

The unlimited voice/text is essentially a giveaway with the new plans. The per-device cost exists primarily to recover the device subsidy, hence why tablets cost next to nothing, while smartphones are $40/mo. The data packages are the true revenue source with the new plans.

The real crime here is that you can't BYOD and pay a reduced per-device cost. I believe that T-Mobile has slightly cheaper plans for BYOD users, but none of the other carriers have ever shown an inclination to follow in their footsteps.

What do you mean BYOD? what device would you use besides one that actually works on Verizon's network? And T-Mobile's coverage sucks dick.
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks

said by 88615298:

What do you mean BYOD? what device would you use besides one that actually works on Verizon's network?

I guess you've never considered the option of buying a lightly used phone at a quarter of the price off eBay? Or an old phone from a friend? Or (*gasp*) paying retail for one? There are lots of ways to get a Verizon phone without purchasing it with a 2yr contract through big red. I've gone 5+ years without renewing my contract at times.
said by 88615298:

And T-Mobile's coverage sucks dick.

T-Mobile is a perfectly viable option for many people, no reason to bash them because they aren't good for you.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to 88615298

to 88615298
For those of us in medium sized or larger cities, T-Mobile is at times faster than Verizon LTE.

That said, I'm using Sprint because they offer LTE where T-Mobile offers GPRS, an hour and forty from here.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Crookshanks

Premium Member

to Crookshanks
said by Crookshanks:

The new buyer of Sprint has plans to shake up the cellphone plans to force AT&T & Verizon to compete. If he follows thru, maybe customers will get a break.
»Sprint's new buyer wants to stick it to AT&T & Verizon

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to 88615298

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

What do you mean BYOD? what device would you use besides one that actually works on Verizon's network? And T-Mobile's coverage sucks dick.

A used phone.