uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to Crookshanks

Re: Postpaid user here

said by Crookshanks:

The unlimited voice/text is essentially a giveaway with the new plans. The per-device cost exists primarily to recover the device subsidy, hence why tablets cost next to nothing, while smartphones are $40/mo. The data packages are the true revenue source with the new plans.

The real crime here is that you can't BYOD and pay a reduced per-device cost. I believe that T-Mobile has slightly cheaper plans for BYOD users, but none of the other carriers have ever shown an inclination to follow in their footsteps.

What do you mean BYOD? what device would you use besides one that actually works on Verizon's network? And T-Mobile's coverage sucks dick.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
said by 88615298:

What do you mean BYOD? what device would you use besides one that actually works on Verizon's network?

I guess you've never considered the option of buying a lightly used phone at a quarter of the price off eBay? Or an old phone from a friend? Or (*gasp*) paying retail for one? There are lots of ways to get a Verizon phone without purchasing it with a 2yr contract through big red. I've gone 5+ years without renewing my contract at times.

said by 88615298:

And T-Mobile's coverage sucks dick.

T-Mobile is a perfectly viable option for many people, no reason to bash them because they aren't good for you.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
reply to 88615298
For those of us in medium sized or larger cities, T-Mobile is at times faster than Verizon LTE.

That said, I'm using Sprint because they offer LTE where T-Mobile offers GPRS, an hour and forty from here.

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
reply to 88615298
said by 88615298:

What do you mean BYOD? what device would you use besides one that actually works on Verizon's network? And T-Mobile's coverage sucks dick.

A used phone.