negativeduck
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-14
Centreville, VA
kudos:1
reply to gsilva

Re: [Speed] Slow Speeds/Latency in Slatington, PA

Either or I'm easy.
(yes I changed something so this isn't just a "please mess around" )
--
Bryan Laird
RCN Engineering

gsilva

join:2012-11-26
Slatington, PA
I just ran a test if you want to pull the data. Thanks.

negativeduck
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-14
Centreville, VA
kudos:1
So Just following up I mean to get back to you yesterday but ran out of time to get over to the boards. So at this point I've got nothing honestly. I haven't been able to find anything here causing your speed issues it looks like something is killing your connection. Be that computer router if you have one or something. Your getting poor speeds even at our slowest hours of the day in the morning. Meanwhile I can easily flood your modem at 10mbps and there is no hesitation at all so it's not even sweating.

I asked one of our local PA guys to go connect a modem to the same group you are on and give it a try. Needless to say he ran 3 tests and all 3 saturated out his connection.

Now I haven't given up I've got a few more things I want to go through so at this point don't think I'm done yet.
--
Bryan Laird
RCN Engineering

gsilva

join:2012-11-26
Slatington, PA
I'm willing to test and try whatever you think might help. Someone did come out and leave a note that I should be "good for 15/5" down, obviously I have the 50 service or this wouldn't be an issue. Let me know what to do next. I want to point out that I have removed the router long ago from my configuration, and I've tested it with multiple computers. Same issue.