Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

[game] Kingmaker Reloaded

Standard rules
Standard game rules apply.
No posting after night. You post at your own risk after Twilight.
No editing posts.
Do not give people thumbs up.
You are only allowed private communication if stated in your PM.
One ghost post per person per game. While OT silliness is not discouraged, we don't want to ruin the gaming experience for everyone. If you do post, don’t give out game info in it, and don't do it during the night phase.
A cast Vote will automatically nullify the previous Vote.
It is at the Game Mods discretion whether or not a broken rule should result in a Mod Kill.

Game Rules:

* The Kingmaker may not reveal his role! Doing so results in an modkill. There are no restrictions for other roles.
* The Kingmaker chooses two two players for Kingship: a main and backup selection. If the main selection is killed, the backup choice becomes king.
* The selected King ends the day with EXECUTE (player). Don't do this if you're not the King.
* The Kingmaker must choose a new, different King each night. Repeat Kings aren't allowed until there are five or fewer players left.
* If the Kingmaker is executed, a new Kingmaker arises out of the loyal villagers and choose a King for the next day. If the Kingmaker is killed at night, a new Kingmaker similarly arises but the old Kingmaker's final choice is used for the next day.
* If a deadline is used and the King does not execute anyone before the deadline, the King will be executed when the town grows tired of his incompetence!
* No-lynch is not an option.

Villager:
You are a loyal villager that is trying to help the kingdom rid themselves of Assassins! You have no real power right now, but you may try to influence the King to make sure he chooses Assassins to execute, and if the Kingmaker decides you're a good choice for King, you may end up executing some Assassins yourself! You win with the VILLAGE.

Kingmaker:
You are the newest member of a secret organization that looks out for the realm and makes sure that a good monarch, and not an Assassin, rules to land! While the last hundred years have been rough for your order (dodging the Kings' evil soldiers, that sort of thing), your order has finally found a new opportunity to bring light to the Kingdom again! Every night, you may send me two choices for King, one as your main choice and one as your backup in case the main choice dies. But be careful; some of your choices may end up being Assassins, and they're not going to be very helpful to your village's cause... So choose wisely! Also, since Assassins keep vigilant watch of the village to find the Kingmaker, you will be in mortal danger if you ever reveal or even hint at your role. You win with the VILLAGE!

Hero:
You are the Hero of the village! After a long campaign of fighting dragons in distant lands and having sex with beautiful princesses after you rescue them from those dragons, you've returned to your hometown to retire. The town loves you and will fight fiercely to make sure you are not executed! In fact, if the King decides to kill you, the village will rise up in protest of the corrupt King and kill him instead! However, this ability isn't very useful if you're not executed, so you should probably stay quiet about what you can do. Also, Assassins will likely try and kill you above anyone else, so that's another good incentive to stay quiet. Once revealed as the Hero, you may not become King of the realm. You win with the VILLAGE!

Assassin:
You are a member of a band of Assassins that have secretly ruled the Kingdom for 100 years. You and your Assassin partner, OtherGuy, recently learned that a new Kingmaker has risen up among the townsfolk, and that he is appointing Kings in an attempt to rid your band from the Kingdom! The two of you must work together to defeat the Kingmaker's efforts before you are eliminated, and may plan together outside of this thread. Each night, the two of you may choose a target to kill. Also, there is a chance the Kingmaker may pick you or your brother as King, so try to look like a good little villager. You win with the ASSASSINS!

Player List
DrModem See Profile
Goggalor See Profile
f0rtys3ven See Profile
tmodelt See Profile
ProtusMose See Profile
Krisnatharok See Profile
Brom See Profile
Kristopher See Profile
Blockfire See Profile

Roles in a second
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

IT IS DAY

You will know who is your King today as soon as the Kingmaker gives me their choice.
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4

Here!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Jobbie

ALL HAIL KING BROM!!!!!!!!!!
--

Brom
Let's go Bucs

join:2010-10-26
Pittsburgh, PA

Checking in, who should I execute? I'd like to hear your opinions!

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
reply to Jobbie

sup, village?

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Brom

DrModem before he checks in.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

I second the DrModem idea, as I just find it hilarious. Either him or Jim, just for the gits and shiggles, even though he isn't playing this game.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Nevermind. Execute Gogg.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

I'm from the village and here.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

Nevermind. Execute Gogg.

Hey, you... do you want Daddy to use the Squirty Squirt on you? No? Then be a good boy.

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
Bellevue, NE

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
Bellevue, NE
reply to Jobbie

Just want to make sure I understand the mechanics. The day goes on until the King decides who he wants to execute. Then the Kingmaker picks a new king at night and teh assassin(s) kill(s) someone.

Is that right? If so, why do we have rules about voting in the rules?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Mod Note

The standard rules apply to all the games, the game rules apply just for this game.

The king decides who he wants to execute then we go to night, then assassins kill somebody and even if the king is not killed at night, you get a new king the next day.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Kingship doesn't guarantee innocence.

We have 2 nights before we get repeat kings.

King 1 executes poor bastard 1 - Day 1
Assassins kill poor townie 1 - Night 1
King 2 executes poor bastard 2 - Day 2
Assassins kill poor townie 2 - Night 2

It doesn't look like a King kill of a townie could be too suspicious early but as we go on it will be more so.

Just keep track of the info on top and elimination it out.

Brom to me it looks like you are free to start with whoever you want. Or you could make us all post y it shouldn't be me posts. W/e you want your highness.
--
O you want me to watch my mouth. How. Take my fucking eye balls out and turn them around. Look. I'll burn your fucking house down circle around and hit the hydrant so you can't put your burning furniture out.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Nevermind. Execute forty.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Not your choice.

Start bowing.

*Bows before the great and ever powerful (kinda) Brom*

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

^Assassin.

It's the butt kissing. Clear as day. Assassin.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Brom
Let's go Bucs

Pittsburgh, PA
reply to f0rtys3ven

I will probably let everyone check in before I execute someone. You're right though, at this point it's pretty random.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

It'll be a slow start to the week. A lot of people take off a few days after the holiday. Lazy bums.
--

Brom
Let's go Bucs

Pittsburgh, PA

Is it the first day of rifle season elsewhere? I know that's why people aren't at work today around here, basically another holiday as most schools have off as well.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Your about 1 week and a half late on the start of rifle season here.

Only rural schools take time off for hunting up here.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Brom

said by Brom:

Is it the first day of rifle season elsewhere? I know that's why people aren't at work today around here, basically another holiday as most schools have off as well.

Yes, everyone but me is out enjoying Deer Season. I went out for Turkey and Small Game, but since I don't have a rifle, I can't really go stalk the deer this year. I could use slugs, but it's too much hassle. School's are out today.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

You can hunt anywhere with a rifle where you live?

In MI rifles are banned in the lower more populous half of the state. Shottys only.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Five miles from any major city in PA, barring a bit more distance in Philthadelphia and Pittsburgh, and you can find forests and mountains.
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

So in short, yes. It's more strict around Philly and Pittsburgh.
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!

Bah, just kill game with a 9mm.

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
Bellevue, NE
reply to Jobbie

I don't get what we're supposed to be doing. The King is the only one who gets to do anything, so they take a shot in the proverbial dark day 1, right?

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Yep.

Guess we can beg for our lives if we feel obligated.

How many are missing for check in?

tmodelt

join:2010-05-06
Fletcher, NC

Checking In