uniqs

gary36
@rr.com

gary36

Anon

netflix on roku

hello
i am sorry if this is the wrong place for this

i just wonder if any one is haveing the same probelm, i can`t get hd, i am lucky to keep 4 dots but it mostly drop to 3 even 2 at times, i can`t even get hd on the site but i can get hd on amazon prime

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt

MVM

We use a WD box for Netflix not Roku so don't have direct experience.

Without more details impossible to tell. Are your sure problem is not due to bandwidth limitation of your ISP? What is your sustained download speed?

Try running a speed test either from the tools page »/tools or speedtest.net.

/tom

gary36
@rr.com

gary36

Anon

i have twc 30 mb, i did not always had this problem just the past couple of months, thought it was a bandwidth problem but i just bought amazon prime and i get hd, i can stream nfl rewind, netflix is the only problem

sholling
Premium Member
join:2002-02-13
Hemet, CA

sholling to gary36

Premium Member

to gary36
That's usually a bandwidth issue. As the earlier poster suggested try running speedtest.net and post the results. The second thing to check is the Roku's connectivity - is it wireless or hard wired? Keeping 4+ dots with wireless can be a challenge and you may have to tweak your wireless network to boost data transfer rates. Little things like having the router too close to power cords or metal cabinets can interfere with the signal.

Each "channel" writes their own Roku app and may use different amounts of buffering. You can also go into the Netflix account page (from your PC) and tweak the bandwidth.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil to gary36

Premium Member

to gary36
Is your roku wifi or wired?

Could be your wifi speed isn't fast enough for a HD stream?

Do you have a lot of wifi devices in your house?