uniqs
share rss forum feed

jseymour

join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI
reply to 88615298

Re: Still not a good deal..

said by 88615298:

Well let's see Straight Talk uses At&t, Verizon's and Sprint's networks and have ZERO infrastructure costs. Gee I wonder why they can offer unlimited everything or $45 a month?

Unless you believe those providers are selling room on their networks at a loss, which seems unlikely, the MVNOs are paying for those infrastructure costs in what they pay those providers for space on their networks.

Jim

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by jseymour:

said by 88615298:

Well let's see Straight Talk uses At&t, Verizon's and Sprint's networks and have ZERO infrastructure costs. Gee I wonder why they can offer unlimited everything or $45 a month?

Unless you believe those providers are selling room on their networks at a loss, which seems unlikely, the MVNOs are paying for those infrastructure costs in what they pay those providers for space on their networks.

Jim

Yes space which SHOULD be used for THEIR own customers. I wonder if at&t and Verizon could still offer unlimited or at least higher caps if they weren't FORCED to sell precious space and use precious spectrum on these companies. Which then turn around and get customers by telling you how much more expensive at&t and Verizon are.