how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bchandler02

join:2011-07-08
Oklahoma City, OK

[ALL] How to get Cox's attention?

Would like to hear success stories of how you have gotten Cox's attention and gotten them to take action on ongoing problems?

I've been having inconsistent service for over a year now with a sharp increase of problems in the last two weeks. I am tired of dealing with tech support and local executive resolutions desks.

How have others in the past gotten Cox to wake up and actually fix a problem? FCC complains? BBB complaints? City CTV Franchise complaints? Other ideas?

If they cannot fix my service my goal is to at least be a thorn in their ass as much as possible until they do.

caa100

join:2004-04-02
Annandale, VA

3 edits
This forum got me the attention I needed!

In 2008, I had problems with Cox HSI dropping. I was going back and forth with phone support and tech visits (multiple truck rolls). I was at the end of my rope.

I posted my details in this forum, and one of the Cox Techs took notice. He was able to check my line remotely, and noticed some problems (T3 timeouts or something). After some troubleshooting, he arranged a service call directly to check some specific things at my site. That did not help, so he arranged for a Supervisor to visit my house.

The supervisor knew what to look for, and unlike those before him, he could see the problem. Within days after that, a team was outside working on the pedestal near my house, and another truck rolled in and re-laid the cable drop runs underground to my house.

Problem solved, and it was all because CoxTech1 on this forum.

I was so grateful I sent a thank you note to his supervisor.

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
^ This was my experience as well.

tim85254

join:2010-07-15
reply to bchandler02
This forum works pretty well.

Take the approach of keep it strictly technical with the employees that are on here - sometimes on their own time - to help you. Keep the emotion out of it although I know firsthand that's tough to do.

With the regulators - if it's a city or county franchise, what public agency administers it? Keep your communication with that agency completely factual, dates, times, as much detail as possible but avoid a long emotional saga. Give credit where credit is due to the guys on the forum. But if they didn't meet your expectations - maybe minimize that part because I think they genuinely want to help and are sticking their necks out to an extent by doing so.

Bottom line is the regulators can compel Cox to respond in writing - but that doesn't necessarily solve the problem. But it costs Cox money to respond and investigate - it'll make your issue more visible internally.

Keep in mind that your communications with regulators and/or the FCC become public record are pretty much permanently indexed under your real name. Always re-read what you write keeping in mind that one of your future employer's HR departments might be reading it a few years down the road from now.

bchandler02

Oklahoma City, OK
reply to bchandler02
Thanks. Gonna sit tight for a day or two. I raised hell with the local executive escalations line and also emailed quite a few executives. Yesterday afternoon a line supervisor stopped by my house and went over multiple things he had found between the node and my house, and wants to monitor for a day. He should be stopping by again today to check. For once, I feel like it actually went to a line tech (after multiple promises to do so in the past with no results) and they are trying to fix it.

We'll see how the next 24-48 hours go before I proceed.

bchandler02

Oklahoma City, OK
reply to bchandler02
Also, I agree that the people here are helpful. CT1 has helped me resolve things in the past , so I don't want to discredit that, but this problem seems to simply be bigger than someone remote could handle.

caa100

join:2004-04-02
Annandale, VA
Sounds like getting to a line supervisor was key. Glad you got there. That's what did it for me as well. Good luck getting to full resolution.

In my story (above) the problem turned out to be at the pedestal. They relaid cable to my home anyway, since the existing cable was not insulated.

bchandler02

Oklahoma City, OK
reply to bchandler02
I've had multiple callbacks today. THe manager handling the issue wants to come out later today to look again. They have told me that they've seen things as odd as some AT&T cell phones causing interference, which they want to look for. They've narrowed the problem as being specific to my area, and suspect ingress is causing problems intermittently. This to me would explain the inconsistency of the problem.

I agree, getting thru to the line tech and then executive escalations I sent last night seem to be the key. At this point I am completely happy with what they are doing, and while not yet resolved, they are doing a good job looking and keeping me updated vs just blowing me off like normal. That's all I can really ask for.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to bchandler02
My success came from inquiring about direct tv service.
AZHSISPPRT2 was a big help too.
theres GOOD support people on this site. USE THEM. if they can't deliver theres more than one source for TV.
--
Despises any post with strings.

bchandler02

Oklahoma City, OK
reply to bchandler02
Thanks. I finally utilized an EECB to get their attention after multiple failed attempts. Since then, they've replaced everything between my house and the ped, admitted to and fixed multiple line problems, and just this week dug up the ped and some main line to resolve some additional issues.

My connection is now back to being rock solid like I remember it being long ago.

It is unfortunate that it took that level of escalation to get it resolved, when someone local could have just stepped up and owned it from the start (they are doing a great job now) and avoided all of this, but the bottom line is it is resolved.