spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rollagain

join:2012-11-26

fast mp3 auto-tagger?

I use mp3tag for my tagging needs. It's a powerful tool, but it is way too much for me. What I really need is an app that can quickly identify and fill in missing or incomplete tags so I could use the program routinely before transferring newly downloaded albums to my iPod nano. Is there anything like that?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

If they're complete albums and you know the artist/album, mp3tag should be pretty darn quick about it, no? Assuming you're using the online lookups feature, that is.

quote:
Mp3tag supports online database lookups from, e.g., Amazon, discogs, or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and cover art for your music library.
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Delme64

join:2012-11-27
reply to rollagain

said by rollagain:

What I really need is an app that can quickly identify and fill in missing or incomplete tags so I could use the program routinely before transferring newly downloaded albums to my iPod nano. Is there anything like that?

I think you can try taghycardia, it seems to do just what you need. For the owners of ipods, it's a no-brainer. Just run your albums through the program with the default settings.

rollagain

join:2012-11-26

Thanks for suggesting taghycardia. Indeed, it automates almost everything I previously did manually, including cover art embedding (the program gets covers from discogs).

Yet, for some of the tasks like structuring my mp3 collection I use other free tools.