Search similar:

uniqs

Beware
@primus.ca

Beware

Anon

[Cable] ------------------------------------------ Beware of --

TEKSAVVY's TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
8.1 ***Charges for a service will commence on the date that the Service is ordered (the “Order Date”).***
Expand your moderator at work

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to Beware

Premium Member

to Beware

Re: [Cable] ------------------------------------------ Beware o

That seems to be a mistake... Not an attempt to "screw" people over...

Thanks for reporting it, I will address it internally.

Andre

UnwritenRule
@videotron.ca

UnwritenRule to Beware

Anon

to Beware
said by Beware :

TEKSAVVY's TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
8.1 ***Charges for a service will commence on the date that the Service is ordered (the “Order Date”).***

This is one thing teksavvy keeps good on. But it's an unwritten rule that you have to call in, otherwise it tends to go by order date instead of functional date.

I don't think I ever saw anyone get denied this when asking. It's just that many people don't realize and it's not like it's stated anywhere really.

More of a "heads up" than "Beware" of the boogie man.
vientito1
join:2009-01-09

vientito1

you are not serious aren't you? I have verified in this forum and twice on the phone to get a clear unanimous response on that activation date of the service is the date when billing starts. If activation is delayed because of any issues with provision so will the starting date of the billing. What's this clause doing here?? Hey someone is setting a legal trapdoor here?

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to UnwritenRule

Premium Member

to UnwritenRule
Wasn't an issue for me, but it was 2.5 years ago when I first ordered my TSI Cable... I was initially charged on the 18th of June, and my cable went active June 29th. Next month's bill came on July 29th, they auto-adjusted it without my intervention. I also remember receiving a call a day or two later to confirm if everything went well on install day, I assume that's when the billing was adjusted.

TSI TNC
TSI TNC
Premium Member
join:2012-10-23
Chatham, ON

TSI TNC

Premium Member

Hello

This is how we are currently billing our customers, the money is taken on the order day (Lets say for example November 10th) and is held until the order comes active/ the tech installs the service (example November 20th). It's at this time that we adjust the billing so the charges start on the date of activation. So the billing cycle would be 20th of November to the 20th of December.

Regards

Jennipher

cognizantt6
join:2009-06-13
Montreal, QC

cognizantt6

you mean the billing cycle would be 20th of november to 19th of december :P

TSI Brandon
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

TSI Brandon

Premium Member

Yes, you are correct it would be from Nov 20th to Dec 19th, then Dec 20th to Jan 19th etc.

Thank you,
Tsi Taunia

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to Beware

Premium Member

to Beware
This is common on most things these days.Pay upfront when you order.They bill you from when its activated but they want to make sure they get paid first.I'd do it that way too if I ran a biz. Ebay works the same,buy then they ship it out but you dont get it for a couple weeks
pldube
join:2011-06-11
canada

pldube to TSI TNC

to TSI TNC
said by TSI TNC:

Hello

This is how we are currently billing our customers, the money is taken on the order day (Lets say for example November 10th) and is held until the order comes active/ the tech installs the service (example November 20th). It's at this time that we adjust the billing so the charges start on the date of activation. So the billing cycle would be 20th of November to the 20th of December.

Regards

Jennipher

Not for me ... Look for one of my invoice

Due Date: 8/1/2012
Date Sent: 8/1/2012

I got my service the 6th of july ....

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

said by pldube:

Not for me ... Look for one of my invoice

Due Date: 8/1/2012
Date Sent: 8/1/2012

I got my service the 6th of july ....

Hello pldube See Profile,
You are paying by CC so you due date & billing date are the same. Which means that you are covered from the 6th to the 5th of each month.

The dates you have posted are correct.

Martin
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to TSI Andre

Premium Member

to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

That seems to be a mistake... Not an attempt to "screw" people over...

Thanks for reporting it, I will address it internally.

Same issue as the issue about running servers....... if you don't really mean to enforce it as part of the TOS, don't put it into the TOS. \
See »Teksavvy forbids running servers
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

well they could want it there so they can eliminate the possibility in the future if needed or to shutdown excessive servers causing major problems, without the tos lacking it becoming an issue or it could be a overlooked clause, or it could be there for Cable Customers benefit since rogers may frown on it. who knows? as far as this Billing one Its totally correct Charges for Service begin on the order date, They cancel orders if not paid within 48 hours and don;t even put em thru till paid They need to know They are getting paid before they can begin the process Seems fair to me, Though they could amend it to read Charges for Service Begin on order Date, Service Billing date will be adjusted to match activation date or something.

TSI Brandon
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

TSI Brandon

Premium Member

Hello,

We are aware that some of the wording in our terms and conditions of service do need to be updated. Our upper management team are looking into amending this however we do not have and ETA as to when this will be completed. Even though the current terms and conditions state charges begin on the order date, we do in fact revise this to the activation date.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

What you state here, however well-intentioned, is not official policy, nor it it legally binding.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

1 recommendation

morisato

Neither is a TOS legally binding.. 99% of them do not Stand up in court..
pldube
join:2011-06-11
canada

pldube to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
said by JenSuisUn:

Hello pldube See Profile,
You are paying by CC so you due date & billing date are the same. Which means that you are covered from the 6th to the 5th of each month.

The dates you have posted are correct.

Martin

Merci pour l'information